Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Game Developement

Hello i am launching a site soon that will give tutorials on game development (programming, modeling,animating and managing) and i am currently planning some animation , modeling and game managing videos. I have the Game Managing video plan almost complete but i need your input on what you want to see in them.

So what do you guys want to know about creating and managing a game (anything and evertyhing)

thanks.

Well then that would be alot fo questions about programming I believe. You can start by teaching basic C++ to Basic C++ games, teaching about the path to make a game and how long and how much dedication it will take. Also explaining the differences of DirectX and OpenGL. Well that would be enough for a start. I dunno if you want to teach total no0bs or experianced people out there.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.
    www.verafx.net
    IF YOU MESS WITH BUZZ YOU MESS WITH ALL OF US!

How to make an effective design document.

Re: Game Developement

Originally posted by HrGod
    ...So what do you guys want to know about creating and managing a game (anything and evertyhing)...

What are the ingredients I need to make a blockbuster game that sells millions of billions of times all over the world and will make me rich?

thanks,
    daniel | schyzomaniac
    The only path to SUCCESS is through FAILURE!
    ...other people's failure. Not yours.
    That wouldn't be a very good path.

I have already planned out that Issue one, has "creating a simple gamedoc"

Issue 2 will go into advanced stuff and i will show how to create a fully detailed game document

it would be really really really really cool if you could explain how games work. like what the engine consists of, how it links in with models and animation etc

cos atm im finding it very hard to understand the source SDK without understanding how games work
    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - Richard Dean Anderson

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Updated 31/01/05 - 3DBuzz VTM Introduction videos uploaded!)

Originally posted by Nem
    it would be really really really really cool if you could explain how games work. like what the engine consists of, how it links in with models and animation etc

cos atm im finding it very hard to understand the source SDK without understanding how games work
    well in short games are just loops
    visit my site:artellectual.com

Nem i will consider that in the Issue 2

Issue One Incules:

Introduction
    Getting Started
    Game Documents
    Recruiting A Team
    Managing A Team
    Managing A Mod
    Other Tips/Tricks
    Conculsion

Issue Two is still being made but will be much more advanced.
    Site will be up soon.

i am just getting into programming(gonna try it again after a failed attempt with it a few years ago) where do you think is a good place to start. if i could i would want to avoid buying a book because i tend to like reading off the internet better(books are to wierd to use with my computer set up)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast