Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thumbs up To the 3dBuzz C++ bundle makerz..

I really have to commend you on your job making these tutorials. I'm at the third Issue and laughing all the time. I probably heard "DINK" from Joel Over 45 times or more . Hey I wonder how many times he did say it! I'll write a program that checks that .

These vtms just upgraded my understanding of C++ to about an extra 30%!! (Maybe I should write a program that actually checks that too ) I mean I jumped into Direct X and OpenGL before I know some important stuff! I could slap myself.

I would like to thank Joel(btw my name is Joel too but who cares ) for his use of Debugging! I had no idea it was soo easy. I feel dumb for skipping that part of my books.

Busby... you suck as a student. In school your teacher probably hated you for knowing more than him(not implying that you know more than Joel or Dan which you probably do).

ANYWHO... This was just a thankyou from a fellow 3dbuzz member.

LoL yeah Joel seems to love DINK.

Yeah buzz your a pretty smart student if only I caught on in all my classes that fast.
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

I couldn't agree more, the way 3DBuzz VTMs are presented makes learning so much easier. I'ts quite easy to get spoiled on that kind of teaching and I find myself watching them over and over, learning something new every time.

If you haven't ordered the C++ Bundle yet, do it now. You won't regret it one bit if you really want to get started in C++

Good to see people are happy with 'em. I've yet to see anyone post complaints about the series, which says a lot for their quality.

Just wanted to add, since you brought up regret...

Guys, the pre-order deal won't be extended a second time. It ends on Friday night, for real. You've had plenty of time to hesitate, so if you don't buy before Friday, make sure it's 'cause you don't want these videos. To put it bluntly, if $99.90 makes you waver, how are you going to motivate yourself past $250?
    Aaron Levitz
    LiveJournal / MySpace

Disclaimer:
    These views are my own, not to be considered official for the site, or representative of anyone else's thoughts on the matter. If I have offended you, I was either trying to make you think, or to make you laugh. Please take my comments in the spirit they were intended, and let me apologize in advance for any misunderstanding.

Exactly my thinking (on the 250 bucks)... I will force my parents to order these (I can't buy myself a present now can I? I would get coal in my stocking for sure!)

Only problem is that I use Dev-C++ and I bet that debugging is way way way different...

In the VTMs in the begginning, does it say which exact vesion they are using? I might go find it on EBay or Comp USA tomorrow. And while I'm there it's time to buy a new mouse.... 4 year mouse works for 10 minutes at a time and then requires me to unplug/replug in or else it wont work (doesnt respond) D:
    Last edited by Iced_Eagle; 12-06-2004 at 08:00 PM.

If memory serves it is Microsoft Visual C++ .net 2003. Retails for like $99 or something.

Well most likely it will work with Dev C++, or else I could just go searching for documents

Main thing I'm wondering is the wxWidgets that was shown in the issue5 teaser...
    Last edited by Iced_Eagle; 12-06-2004 at 09:43 PM.

Originally posted by APLevitz
    regret...

Guys, the pre-order deal won't be extended a second time. It ends on Friday night, for real.

holy [edit]... i just happened to see this, friday the what ???

b

Edited for language by: percent20
    Last edited by percent20; 12-08-2004 at 11:34 AM.

Originally posted by boomji

holy ****... i just happened to see this, friday the what ???

b
    watch your language.

p.s. Friday the 10th December.
    Last edited by craigw1701; 12-07-2004 at 02:58 PM.

thanks

hey thanks craig

b

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast