"Walkthrough" level without bots?

Could someone please tell me the (probably very simple) answer to this question:

I have a level that I've made as a sort of "walkthrough," with no intention of being played as a deathmatch (or any other kind of) map. But whenever I load it in UT2K3, I end up with a bot spawning right behind me.

I've tried setting the Player Min/Max Count under Level Summary to 0, but this doesn't do anything.

Anyone know how to do this?

Go to "~" and type "killall bot"

Couldn't you just set the number of bots to 0 in the Game Rules before you start the level, or set it to Use Map Defaults (although that doesn't always work in my experience)?

Thanks for your replies...

I'm talking about a way to have my level packaged and sent off to someone else for viewing without them having to worry about bringing up a console in-game, or setting certain menu options before they enter the game. I want to know if there's a way for me to take care of it so that the person loading the level doesn't have to worry about it.

I could always just tell them "open it with UnrealEd instead of UT2K3," and I will if there's no other way, but it seems like it shouldn't be that hard to make happen. Is it?

the easiest thing i could think of is to use the unreal runtime instead of ut2k4

try exporting your map out as a .t3d file then opening it up in the urt
    Aint that some ...

Wow... so it's sounding like there really isn't an easy way to do this seemingly simple thing. By easy I mean "easy on the end-user," so they can just open up UT2K3/4 and look at the level without being fragged in the back. I don't want to have to provide detailed instructions to the person who's looking at it, who may or may not have experience with Unreal.

Any other ideas?

What type of walkthrough are you aiming for? You could use matinee to make your point to the user perhaps...but that would depend on what it's for.

Just tell them to set bots to 0, that's the easiest way, since UT2k3/4 will automatically spawn as many bots as they have set in the bots settings. A Null gametype would be handy in such cases.

Another way, though more complex, would be to have them play the Map through UEd.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll probably just tell them to manually set the bots to 0 (or run it in UnrealEd). I'm gonna check out Matinee, though, since I've never bothered to mess with it before, and it sounds like it might be cool.

Thanks again!

Make the map, and give it the name MOV-MyMap.ut2 (replace MyMap with your maps name). Then it will list in the matinee-browser and i think no bot will spawn.
    OR
    You could take a quick course in UnrealScript (only need to know how to write basic unrealfiles, subclass a class, compile them, and write a int).

Then subclass 'gameinfo' with your own gametype(ex. 'walkinggameinfo'), set the required defaultproperties (check xDeathmatch's defaultproperties, i think you have to set gui, pawn and controller, and what mapprefix) and compile. No need to write any complicated code in it...

Then it will start without any bots and no startweapon, and no gui.

Check out UDN's site for better explanation, search for "my first code", and read: my first gametype, ...gui, ...controller and ...pawn.
    ------------------------------------------
    Can somebody lend me a hitch off this planet?