C++ Compiler, which to get?

I ordered the c++ vtms from the store and now i want to know which c++ program i should get. I really want the newest and best. Price does not matter, i have saved up enough to buy my first app for developing something

Im basically looking for the newest version of the best app

if there is no price limit, i'd go with this Visual C++ http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/

Greets HrGod!

I presume you will be programming using Microsoft Windows, which indicates to me that you are also interested in avoiding using Makefiles and similar powerful command line utilities

The compiler that is recommended where I am working for Windows programming is the Intel C++ compiler plugged into Microsoft Visual Studio. Since you mention price is not a problem for you you should be able to afford both of these items. The Intel C++ compiler is highly compliant with the ISO standard and very highly optimising and performing for Intel CPUs and many people I know are happy to use the Visual Studio environment which it integrates with.

Outside of this, I believe you should be able to progress far with GCC and Dev-C++ . Also, by using GCC you will be very confident that your code will be portable and not limited to a single platform.

ok, ok thanks.

Now the thing is which version of visual studio to get?

I want the newest version. What is it?

I believe it's visual studio 2005 but you could check it out yourself at Microsoft

yeah teh visual studio 2005 express series is the newest although you might wanna keep in mind that they are in beta stage. here is the link anyway visual studio 2005
    i've tried it out and i love it cos it loads up like lightning.. its really light..
    =======drain bamaged===

Hm ok, ill try it out its free

When will the full version be out?

Im selling Visual Studios .Net 2003 if your intrested .

hi there........

what is GCC and what in Intel C ++

Originally posted by ruralmyth
    Also, by using GCC you will be very confident that your code will be portable and not limited to a single platform.
    that is dumb.

why would a C program be cross platform simply because you use a cross platform compiler?

hi there........

what is GCC and what in Intel C ++
    astonishingly enough - they are compilers

GCC is the open source C compiler that most BSD and linux systems come equipped with
    intel C++ has a free personal licesne available as far as I know.