Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Christmas Spirit?

Christmas is just around the corner and it still doesn't fell like it. Well around here halloween was just really crappy, it was like a regular day. I hope this Christmas is good, i got my cusin come over from europe!

I wanted to know how all your christmas days are going! Any good storys in the past to tell?

Christmas spirit is all over the place here... we venezuelans love our christmas so much we start decorating in november... at home we started decorating the tree on the first weekend of november actually (I'll edit with some pics when I get home.. ), and by the second week of november it was very common to see decorated homes all over the place, and the radios were already full of christmas music too...

Yesterday it all started officially, though... most big companies had parties to light up their big decorations, and we have quite a few of them. I wanted to go to the christmas park (we have one named like that here.. ) where the main aluminum production company lights up a giant 4 stories high aluminum-made christmas tree very close to my home, but I had to work late, so I guess I'll go one of these nights..
    "If you put together all the work I did on "Shrek", I would say I have spent more time promoting it in the last three days than I did actually working on it... When you compare that to the amount of work that the animators and producers put into it, I’m embarrassed to get all the attention and praise for it." - JOHN LITHGOW
    Visit my webpage

Yea, well theres alot of people who decorate the tree here, but there is also alot of other religions that dont believe in all this so like at school its kinda down. But maybe its just before theres still 24 more days.

Yea thats great show us a picture.

MD right now - hopefully someday, sunny FL!
    Locoman, do you celebrate on the 6th of Jan, or Dec. 24 - 25th? I know that in my culture, Jan. 6th is the day of "los reyes magos", and the 24th is Noche Buena.

I know people who celebrate on Jan 6th aswell. They are ukranian.

Dec 25th is Christmas for me!

Sadly I lost my christmas spirit when a reindeer stepped on my big toe..... with santa on it!

Ok back to reality:
    I lost my christmas spirit because i'm away from my home. It's Just not the same in a different country.

jewish people don't have the christmas spirit

as for me, the house is decorated and stuff

can't say that I feel real christmasy this year Don't know what it is. I think maybe I am too busy with work and stuff.
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors

Originally posted by DeathinFire
    jewish people don't have the christmas spirit
    What? Jesus himself was jewish, and I'd hate to think the man didn't enjoy a nice cup of eggnog on his own birthday!

Umm... Sorry.
    Don't know what came over me.
    Aaron Levitz
    LiveJournal / MySpace

Disclaimer:
    These views are my own, not to be considered official for the site, or representative of anyone else's thoughts on the matter. If I have offended you, I was either trying to make you think, or to make you laugh. Please take my comments in the spirit they were intended, and let me apologize in advance for any misunderstanding.

if you had my extended family you wouldn't have any exterior xmas spirits but plenty interior ones

as a side note muslims don't have xmas spirit either
    Aint that some ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast