Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weather Effect >>Help<<

I am building a Xmas map and I have a snow weather effect. It works fine, however when I go into a building its snowing in the building. Is there a way to not have the effect inside/block it from certain areas....THanks in advance.
    As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
    Albert Einstein

Your gonna have to set up a volume
    im attaching a very small test map for ya to look at and look at settings
    the test map is called weatherornot
    Attached Files Attached Files

oh may help ya to know in the map, the events for the xweather and the volume are set to NoRain
    Just change them to NoSnow.
    [edit] i do assume your weather effect was set to snow
    Last edited by DEZes; 12-02-2004 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks a million man
    As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
    Albert Einstein

you are welcome
    I made that map for times like this.

Loved that tut map thanks a big big big bunch of roses

Well a beer would be better.
    But im glad the lil map is helping a few peeps

In topic:
    i placed a snow weathereffect on my map. It looks really nice, hadnt it been for a couple of problems (probably the UnrealEd goblin havin' fun):

1) When reopen the map in the editor, in the perspective view, the xWeather actor locks in front of my viewport, wherever i see, it is in front of me, in a kind of weird perspective (like it was inverted, i look left, it rotates right) and the only time it looks 2d, is when i look direct down or up. Changing the 'location' properties x and y didnt help, but by reducing z it shrinks! (while still acting normal in all 2d viewports)

It aint any great problem, as i could just set the location.z to 0 and it would disappear. But it had still been great with a fix...

2) And it isnt as much falling snow when im looking west than when im looking east, until i cross the middle of the map, where suddenly most of the snow fall on the other side...

Maybe i should just use a few particle-actors with a culldistance (if that work)?
    ------------------------------------------
    Can somebody lend me a hitch off this planet?

post a pic if ya can.
    or give me link to the map
    ill help anyway i can

Here's the map, to show error 1), just search and select for the xWeather actor, then set its location.z properties to around 320.

Error 2) should be obvious if you play (or look at it in the editor) and look around you. (Got to think, maybe it have something to do with how much backdrop is shown? The snow is always less on the side with the most backdrop visible...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ------------------------------------------
    Can somebody lend me a hitch off this planet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast