Maya and Radeon 9600 128

Hello!
    Anyone have any info on how Maya runs with a Radeon 9600 128? I just installed one and I still cant utilize Maya Hardware rendering, yet the program runs more smoothly as a whole. Thanks!

with a quick update of drivers and a reboot, Maya runs like a charm! Hardware rendering, cloth, fluids, particles, fur... everything runs MUCH more quickly than it did with my SiS integrated one. Highly reccommended by me.

Have you tested anything like artisan, paint some weights? PaintFX brush?

I've been testing dynamics, high poly scenes, fur, cloth, soft/rigid body simulations.... all are quick and stable. Thank God!
    My System:
    P4 3.06 mhZ
    1064 mb RAM
    Radeon 9600 SE 128MB

Ok, the reason i asked is ATI cards used to have problems with some of the things i meentioned above. Cool if they've sorted it.

I have a Ati Radeon 9600 too and I always had problems with artisan. Also when there are imageplanes in the viewport it slows down to 3-10 fps.
    But there is a russian driver called FreeFireGL which makes your card a FireGL card. All problems with artisan and the imageplanes have disappeared and Maya is really fast now!

Originally posted by Mr.Hankey
    I have a Ati Radeon 9600 too and I always had problems with artisan. Also when there are imageplanes in the viewport it slows down to 3-10 fps.
    But there is a russian driver called FreeFireGL which makes your card a FireGL card. All problems with artisan and the imageplanes have disappeared and Maya is really fast now!
    R u serious? Where's the link?
    I have an ATI radeon 9500, and would love better performance on higher res polygons, subdiv and artisan too.

of course I'm serious

this is the driver I'm using: http://www.hardwarelab.ru/files/FreeFireGL_8x00.exe

it's discussed here: http://www.nvworld.ru/php/viewtopic....=asc&start=150

or just google FreeFireGL...

but be aware these drivers won't work well with games!

Thanks for the link, interesting.

Could u plz elaborate on some info about these drivers? I search on google and only found some websites in russian. And I didn't learn much from the forum topic.

How do u install the drivers?
    Are there any limitations?
    Do u need to uninstall Catalyst?

And.....

Will be really be a FireGL? Wow!

Thanks in advance if you have some time. (Danke schon) :P

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB and with older drivers I used to see problems with painting tools. But hey seem to be resolved now...runs really nice.
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors