Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I think it's an excellent idea, wish I'd have thought of it.

Hey Buzz, why not approach some of the film makers they might want to do something similar with thier DVD releases.
    I was once a small cog in the machine.

I am now the machine

from what you say guys, these watermarks are very subtle...
    great.. I can wait to receive my VTMs Set!

I have seen the preview video from the other thread.
    Geee you can' t even see the damn watermark!
    Great stuff guys.
    Way to go!

Man oh Man !!!

I really had struggle to see the watermark at all and after 10 seconds or so I just did not notice it at all. What a fuss about an unobtrusive security measure ??? I do not have a problem with this measure at all. Great work guys.

Regards

Re: Complaints, etc.

Originally posted by Big-Chuck
    Is that all anyone ever does on these forums is complain about something Buzz is doing to protect his investment and time from being ripped off? Where is the positive in any of the new way of doing things around here? Very frustating!!!!
    Hey Big-Chuck,

Glad someone said that as I think it needed to be said. I think
    that you just can't please some people. No matter what they do, someone will want to winge about it.

Cheers
    Starkhorn

EDIT:- just saw the watermark. I wonder if they hadn't have said anything, how many people would have noticed ?!?
    Last edited by starkhorn; 11-26-2004 at 06:07 AM.
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed nor numbered!" :- No. 6.

Man... i sat there looking at the sample for 15 minutes trying to find the watermark, im not sure why but it doesnt even show up on my monitor.

Originally posted by Twisted
    Man... i sat there looking at the sample for 15 minutes trying to find the watermark, im not sure why but it doesnt even show up on my monitor.
    if you go back away from your moniter, you should see it a bit better

Originally posted by nialls
    the watermark is very subtle
    When I heard "watermark" I thought Maya PLE. OMG how wrong could I have been I can't see how anyone could complain about it or even notice half of it

You mean there wasn't a watermark before?? If no one told me there was a watermark, I wouldn't have noticed it

It's a great idea...

For c++, why don't all this "hackers" that supposedly know how to crack make their OWN vtm's??
    Don't they supposedly know c++ like the palm of their hand??

I'll never get it...

For example, if all those hackers united and made blender a better software instead of stealing from alias,discreet,etc. they'd be doing good, they'd be doing something INTERESTING, instead of finding out how to crack the software, and they would be not-in-jail, and they would bring down all this companies they hate, but by good methods, by providing a strong, free alternative.
    What they are doing just hurts everyone, even themselves.

Is that all anyone ever does on these forums is complain about something Buzz is doing to protect his investment and time from being ripped off? Where is the positive in any of the new way of doing things around here? Very frustating!!!!
    To answer your question directly, Big-Chuck, no, that's not ALL people do on these forums, but apparently it does take up quite a bit of some people's free time.

This watermark system has brought the fury of the file-sharers down upon our heads. Don't worry about us, though, I'm here and they don't really scare me or anything. A lot of them are upset about it and find all sorts of BS little ways to say it's a bad idea. Most of them don't have a leg to stand on, and are simply railing because they want to be "uber 1337" and share our stuff on their favorite board, and we're taking away their candy.

That's okay, they'll get over it sooner or later.

Take care, mate!

Zak

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast