Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    hmm.. that would really suck to get sick from playing fps games such as hl2 and ut etc.. i feel sorry for you guys

the only one time that i ever did get a head ache or get sick was when i was watcing my friend play a map in unreal tournament.. worst thing i have ever seen in my life :| the colors of everything changed depending on the angle you were viewing it at, and the colors ranged from bright bright yellow to bright orange, green or some other intense color... then there were smiley faces everywhere.. lol, but i had a headache after just watching him play for about 10 mins, and it didnt wear away for about an hour

btw: Hultent3.. take a look at halo 2.. if thats not over rated, half life 2 is nothing.

Absolute Power, its the only way to roll!

This is very interesting. If a game can cause you to be sick, that effect can also be controled. What's next? Games that make you hungry, full, tired, revived, sad, hot, smarter?? Personally, I'd like the game that causes orgasims. :-) That would be cool. At any rate, this phenomenon needs to be explored. Pretty soon replicators will be so affordable every household will have one so why not mood machines. Seems Woody Allen's futuristic ideas are more plausable than once imagined.

Thats really sad that some ppl go though this. The only sickness I get playing games is the cause and effect syndrome. Amnesia (forgeting to eat) and starvation(effect).

This topic has got me wondering why I feel sick when I play these games - I found this answer on the internet - I kind of already knew it but this quote explains it pretty well

"Motion sickness occurs when the inner ear, the eyes, and other areas of the body that detect motion send conflicting messages to the brain. One part of your balance-sensing system (your inner ear, vision, and sensory nerves that help you keep your balance) may indicate that your body is moving, while the other parts do not sense motion... "

This explains the game playing expierence pretty well. I also used to get sick on amusement rides untill I learned to focus my eyes on something moving along with me. That took some of the thrills away but at least I could survive to go on another ride.

Maybe I'll try looking at the keyboard instaead of the screen next time I fire up UT2004.

My friend gets sick easily playing Half-Life...He is also color blind. May be there is a relation. Strange thing is he can play Counter-Strike for hours, no problem.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456