Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Does half-life 2 make you sick?

Well i was feeling abit strange the other day, dizzy and not well at all,when playing half life 2, and i thought well thats pretty normal to do sometimes,i mean feeling sick, so i decided to stop playing it for a few hours, and after an hour or so i feldt better,and so i thought well it must have been one of those days,like the days when you normaly get sick,and then i thought well i fell much better now, and i decided to have a go at HL2 agin, but to my suprise after about lets say 20 minutes or so ,i started to feel sick again really dizzy this time, and so i just gave up, turned off the PC and whent for bed,and the other day i woke up i was feeling ok
    ,so anyway the other day i was browsing the Steam forum,i found out that i was not allone,menny people have been experiancing this sicknes from playing HL 2, so my question is have you feldt it, and if so how did it feel?
    Ihave never feldt this in anyother game before myself, so it really came as a suprise for me.

I believe valve even released a disclaimer that said the game might make you sick if you play it for too long at once time. The realism of the game can create an effect that is the exact opposite of motion sickness where your brain thinks you're actually moving but you're body is staying still. I havn't experienced anything like that though, the only sickness I felt was when i was up till around 3 in the morning playing it, and had to get up the next morning at 7:00. Ugh

I have not gotten sick over this game myself. But I know some people who have.

My friend got it, so I went over to his place to play it. After 15 minutes, I started getting a headache, and after 30 minutes, I also got nauseous. Like you, I thought it was just one of those times you get sick. I went home, and felt better after a while. The next day, I tried it again, and the same thing happened, I got sick as a dog. I couldn't play it the next day, and I felt fine. I asked my friend if he got sick, and he said yeah.

So, it's not isolated, it happens to a lot of people. I'm one of those guys that has to leave the room after playing a game, cause the screen resolution changes back to normal after the game, and if I look at it I get sick. I think I read somewhere that it could be the refresh rate of your monitor.

But, I'm glad I played it before I could get a chance to buy it. I don't wanna waste money on something that makes me ill. It's funny, the same thing happens to me when I play anything running the original doom engine as well.
    Masochist to sadist; "Hurt me! For Gods sake, hurt me!"
    Sadist to masochist; "No"

Visit my site, and check out my demo-reel: http://82.110.105.15/replica.com/
    Mirror:http://replica.koolhost.com/

I was acctualy glad to hear about other people being sick over this game,well not exactly happy about it ,but it made me feel awhole lot better knowing that i was not the only one getting this,and now you guys are comfirming its true aswell, its just so weird that ive never feldt this ever before in anyother game i can remember, i mean ive played Doom 3 for example, but it never made me feel sick,anyway i truely understand that you dont want to buy a game that you know would only make you feel sick, who would?well its a great game anyways, just to bad i will probably have to close my eyes thrue the rest of the game,one things for sure its deffenetly not a game to play after youve hade a pizza for lunch,for some of us that is.

I myself haven't gotten sick over anygame that I played but on steam forums, their is a lot of people saying that they have. Good thing im not one of them.

You are not the only one. I haven't had a migraine in life and I got one after playing HL2. No I am not joking. Good thing you brought this up.
    Realism hurts? I don't think so it must be something with the depth of field in this game. I play every game in 100Hz monitor resolution.

I know people who have.

a few times i got migraines...but that might just me the wrong place at the wrong time.

Migraines are pretty bad...

I get it real bad unfortunately, really sucks. I wanted to buy Far Cry and now HL2 but i know i'd just be wasting my money. I have UT2004, bought it soon as it came out, played it for 20 mins and never used it since. I remember playing Max Payne for about an hour when it first came out. Did that make me ill or what. I couldn't even stand up for the headache and Nausea that followed, had to lay down for an hour. It seems nearly all fps games i've tried to play makes me ill. So i just avoide them.

I also feel sick though if i try to read while in a car.

Originally posted by mrmacca
    I get it real bad unfortunately, really sucks. I wanted to buy Far Cry and now HL2 but i know i'd just be wasting my money. I have UT2004, bought it soon as it came out, played it for 20 mins and never used it since. I remember playing Max Payne for about an hour when it first came out. Did that make me ill or what. I couldn't even stand up for the headache and Nausea that followed, had to lay down for an hour. It seems nearly all fps games i've tried to play makes me ill. So i just avoide them.

I also feel sick though if i try to read while in a car.
    You poor poor soul. Cant play FPS's without getting sick. That must suck. I dont know how i'd live. I'd probably just play through the pain!

Just wondering if anyone gets sick while playing CS: Source, or is it just Half Life 2?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast