Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I think the motion sickness is due to the fact that the weapon trails behind the camera. When you move the camera fast, your weapon eases in and out of center creating a visual lag...At least with me that was the case. But the sickness I felt was very minimal, I'm used to it now.

my .02

Say, arn't games made to make the gamer feel like he's in the game and feel like the character he's playing?

Project-Entropia gives me this feeling that my stomach is floating upwards when I jump from the citadel....anyone?

I get sick when I play UT2K - I always thought it was because I was running around too fast. I'm not that skilled at any game really. The worst part is the sick feeling seems to last for a while after I quit the game.

Blah, I hate getting motion sick from playing videogames. It doesn't happen too often tho, I just found a way to move the mouse the right way. And it usually happens when I'm playing TOO long... like I'm sacrificing food in order to play. lol

But those FPS console games are another matter.
    Life is the ultimate videogame. How do you play it?
    ---

Pleas sign the petition to help bring the BEST indies-manga, Playgroundpop!, in AZ to your local comic book stores!

IF YOU MESS WITH BUZZ, YOU MESS WITH ALL OF US!

Does anyone actually play a game, goto bed and feel like you're still playing it... and then wake up the next morning and continue gaming and feel like you're replaying it? [Because you finished it in your dream ]

Or is that just me?

--Edit-- Grammar mistakes!

"Does HL2 make me sick?" - hmmm after many many hours playing i would have to say no

now Steam on the other hand not only does it sicken me it makes me almost jekyll and hyde mad! - everytime it updates i am prevented from playing until its done (which today took 5-6 hours {i have dial-up })
    Aint that some ...

Originally posted by ja8t3d
    "Does HL2 make me sick?" - hmmm after many many hours playing i would have to say no

now Steam on the other hand not only does it sicken me it makes me almost jekyll and hyde mad! - everytime it updates i am prevented from playing until its done (which today took 5-6 hours {i have dial-up })
    Why not just turn off automatic updates?

because i am pavlovian about updating software

i mean even tho i don't use it i even update IE!
    Aint that some ...

updates are for the broadband people! [not me]

I finished the game, and thankfully, didn't get sick. I seem to remember from a loooong time ago (Doom 1 days or so), that if you get sick while playing a game, you should hide the weapon from the screen, use a faster refresh rate (this might mean a lower resolution, depending on what your monitor can handle), and never, ever play in a dark room.

I have to say, though - playing HL2 in a dark room, with a surround-sound system cranked up kicks ass.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast