Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I noticed last night that in World of Warcraft in 3rd person view if I make my character fall from something high up I lose my stomach while she falls... you know when you go over a bump in the car or down a rollercoaster? I get that feeling. It's very strange to me that it happens in a 3rd person view...
    The odds of hitting your target increase significantly when you aim at it.
    Check out my iOS games released in the App Store!
    Tricky Treasure Fall
    Tap 'n' Scrap
    UFO Escape From Earth

I just had a weird experience. I was watching demos made from the HardOCP guys and even though I never feel sick playing HL2, when I was just watching I did start to feel sick. Looks like if I am not controlling the movement myself, I get sick. Very strange. O well. Guess I will just have to stay "in control"
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors

Yeah I think that's common....when I watch other people play FPS games I get sick, too. I guess it's just that when you're playing it, you know you're about to more left, right, etc, so you're brain isn't so confused.

Happened to me this morning,also on an air boat level. Had to stop playing feeling quite sick. Maybe its the Toxic waste?

This game makes me sick beacouse its so overrated.. The graphic is superb.. but then what ?? Im so sick of all fps Shooters.. BAhah.
    < all your base are belong to us >

I have the same sensitivity.

To describe how powerful the effect is, about 4 months ago I was watching a video of Half-life 2’s game play from e3.
    And I was watching it over an over for a while when I stared to notice that I was feeling nauseous. Nausea Form just the video! (and this wasn’t a direct-feed it was a camcorder filming a screen)

My hypothesis is that I feel it may be linked to frame rated(i.e. V- sync), but there is no question, certain games emit frequencies that certain people are sensitivity too.

And from what I have seen I really doubt the “realisms” of HL2 will make people nauseous before the mystery frequencies it’s supping out do.

Most notably the Old ‘Quake engine’ did this to me.
    Time Splitter 2 and Soldier Of Fortune on the Xbox.
    The Star Trek Voyager: Elite force PC game this to me as well (which used the Quake engine), and when I tried to play though the pain I ended up vomiting (luckily not on my PC
    What ever this is seems to build up over time, which is why it’s not usually immediate.

I’m glade Halo an Halo2 don’t

This effect needs more study. Discussing this is good.
    I intend to make movies and video games.
    I will take this into consideration when I do, so that I can spread healthy gaming goodness though out the world.
    C.G.I. = Consciously Generated Intent

London, England, UK, The World, The universe
    Has anybody tried taking motion sickness pills and then playing?

(Just wondering)

try chewing gum

sick

yea i want to hurl every time i think of how much i spent on this "catch up" game
    i call it that cause vale is trying to catch up with epic/atari but it aint going to happen sorry valve retire gracefully and dont make any more games your time is gone accept it and move on to kiddy software or somthing leave the fps scene to the ppl that can hadle it

If you don't like a game, there is no need to dis the company that made it. Simply don't play it
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast