Hybrid View

Wilmington, NC: The Hollywood of the South

WIP spider model

Hey,

Since I like spiders and all things creepy crawly, thought I would give people a look at what I am creating with 3ds max 6. This took me about 4 hours to do, and I think it turned out alright. What do you think?

-BMW

Good work, I liked the textures and that bloated belly at the back. I tried to do a spider ones and couldn't make it look right because of that belly. Perhaps you could give him a fitting enviroment and some lightning (including back-light to seperate him from the background)

Keep it up.
    "Only a few find a way.
    Some don't recognize it when they do,
    Some, don't ever want to..."
    My Portfolio Website

Yeah ,
    i totally agree with TheCheshireCat that some decent lighting would improve your model !
    Greets

well yes,
    black background is a think of the past.
    Black background doesn't help to show off detail and now is paired with amateur-like rendering.

A simple base with some half decent lighting would be much better and show off more of your model that frankly right now it is hard to see.
    The black background with the generic looking texture shared by all the spider parts are sort of hiding your model sort of speak.
    All I can see right now is some simple shapes that look like a spider, no enough detail

It is a nice star if this is your first spider model and the amount of time you spent on it will surely decrease the next time around.

I look forward to see your next model where all the tools and workflow you have learned in the process of making this spider will enable you to either mdoel faster or more importatnly improve the end result

some 3d spider I found on google image search that offer better lighting and shows off more deatil

http://home7.highway.ne.jp/winter-m/...gpage/joro.jpg

http://www.astoria-media.de/astoria_...ergreenweb.jpg

http://www.softimage.com/Education/3...s/spidersm.jpg

These are not necessarely better models than yourse but you can see more due to better lighting...

Yeah, I agree. I am working on a better one. Relatively speaking.
    Should have it ready by the end of this week. Wish me luck! I'll need it...

-BMW

cool Moxy3D,
    way to go
    keep us posted

Whats With the Green?

Originally posted by demonwind
    Whats With the Green?
    Oh, the green? I thought it would be nice to add something different for a change, since it is supposed to be of the mythical variety of arachnids. For those familiar with the tern "orbb" I will just say that I am trying to replicate this. Basically, its a D&D creature for a game I enjoy. :P

Hope that roundabout answer was sufficient.

-BMW