Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well mayby google did remove the images from the archive, but when the bot went out scanning again it found that there were pictures that it didn't have and re-added them
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

first off they are stupid as they must not have a web developer that knows about META tags and robots.txt that can prevent many "spiders" from caching images and text on a website

there is a META tag made for such a thing even if the robots.txt isnt found

Somewhere in the State of Misery A.K.A. Missouri

true.. but uh...

the cache is freaking powerful. I know that there are some online news sites out there that have pay per month type plans, and pretty good security, but googles little cache still allows people to view them sometimes... same goes with when a site dies and the webmaster doesn't want people viewing the site again... sure there's a meta tag to not visit after x amount of days or site only good until date x or whatever, but that doesn't mean that google's cache will erase it....
    My art blog: http://www.jeffthomannsart.blogspot.com

My Entropia Universe Item Selling Blog: http://www.mariasgoods.blogspot.com

most people who make websites add code to not allow the pictures to be downloaded or saved or access from other links other than thier on internal links

why this guy didnt follow suit who knows its his on falt for neglence, possibly his company is having problems getting clients or whatever and is tryin to take out its frustration on google.

Somewhere in the State of Misery A.K.A. Missouri
    UH.. that code that you are talking about won't stop people from downloading images. Actually, I think when sites try to disable downloading of images, it makes people want to download them more, so they scheme and plot and hack and whatever and start downloading images just to prove they can.
    My art blog: http://www.jeffthomannsart.blogspot.com

My Entropia Universe Item Selling Blog: http://www.mariasgoods.blogspot.com

This whole thing is stupid. The reason the guy is suing Google and not the websites with hacked passwords is that Google has deeper pockets. I think that if a guy goes into a web business, and doesn't secure his site from outside intrusion (Google 'bots or otherwise) then he's the jerk.

From the Google page "©2004 Google - Searching 8,058,044,651 web pages". Obviously their process is automated or most of the world's population would be working for them. However, I can't imagine that Google's 'bots are artificially intelligent enough to hack their way through heavy security on their own. I figure that if a dumb 'bot can walk through your security, then any curious webmonkey can get through.

By the way, how many requests do Google personell deal with on a daily basis? How much time did this clown give Google to fix the problem? Is this guy trying to add more security measures to his site or does he think suing Google will solve all his security problems? I thing this moron smells money, and thinks he's hit paydirt with this lawsuit.

Google doesn't even try to hack the site, it just follows links.
    If he doesn't want his site showing up in google, then hide the pages and remove the links so that a bot can't find them and invest in a php or cgi generation system so the address for each page requires a cookie, or something to view and therefor hackers and pirates can't post the address on their website.
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

haha! this is so hilarious! what a stupid webmaster?! if he worked on server scripting more, it wouldn't have happened. another thing is that if google didn't cache the images for thumbnails, those who don't have broadband (or everyone) will eat up most of their bandwidth just to view one page. it's so funny how stupid people get these days.

it's the stuff that TV does!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12