Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Has Atlantis been found?

It seems a Robert Sarmast Sunday has claimed to have found Atlantis.

After nearly 10 years of study, Sarmast believes that the Mediterranean basin was flooded in a deluge around 9000 BC which submerged a rectangular land mass he believes was Atlantis. After researching the whereabouts of the lost city for over a decade, Sarmast undertook an expedition to find Atlantis. Following an intensive search, he now says he has found his holy grail archaeology.

'It's definitely Atlantis!'

"We cannot yet provide tangible proof in the form of bricks and mortar, as the artifacts are still buried under several meters of sediment, but the circumstantial and other evidence is now irrefutable," he said from his base in the southern port city of Limassol.

"We're talking about a 95 percent accuracy rate" matching up evidence with Plato's descriptions. "That's either a huge coincidence, or it's it."
    Link 1

Link 2

Atlantis is "found" every 6 months. I found Atlantis in my backyard last year.
    "Booleans are for wankers and beginners!"
    - Lurky

Jumpgate Evolution

hmmmm, i thought I had it in my backyard. it keeps popping up everywhere
    Houdini Student

Originally posted by Cander
    Atlantis is "found" every 6 months. I found Atlantis in my backyard last year.
    That's funny!!! When I was in university, I took an Arky class, and one of the questions on the exam was: "where is atlantis?" It was a total gimme question since as long a you wrote a place on earth, he gave you credit... It didn't count for much but it was funny... And one guy put "In my backyard"... Too funny!
    confused by earlier errors
    bailing out

Well I think the article is quite interesting. I mean a 95% accuracy rate matching with Plato's writings. I dunno, but it sounds like they have something.

yup been found its in another galaxy only accessable by stargate and a zpm!

Last year I heard they found it IN THE VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

You see though this is what makes me belive Atlantis doesnt exist. They talk about the dimensions that Plato gave. I am supposed to believe Plato went to Atlantis and measured the acropolis?

The detail he went into just makes it seem more like a fictional story.

As far as measurements matching Plato's given dimensions, well it's not hard to pick out certain objects to a point where they match the dimensions and measurements you are looking for. Just like Richard Hoagland's bogus Cydonia measurments.
    "Booleans are for wankers and beginners!"
    - Lurky

Jumpgate Evolution

Originally posted by geddiesburg
    Last year I heard they found it IN THE VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    I find that very funny

Yes it has been "found" lots of places. Antartica for one. Some very intersting ideas floating around. I doubt that if they find "atlantis" that they will even know it is atlantis.
    But in any case this guy did find some under water ruins and that is cool. It will be intersting to find out when they date it to and what they can learn.

Cfser
    Veni, vidi , Edidi

Old news, there have already been shows about this on the discovery channel.
    Sean Christian Bellinger - 3D Artist, Game Developer, Educator
    Portfolio
    Twitter
    LinkedIn

"Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it."
    - Agent Dana Scully

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast