Static Mesh Collision

I've read every post that I could find related to this issue, but I am still a bit confused. I have been working on a large static mesh for a week or so. I never created any collision objects for it, but in the game, it worked just fine. I didn't fall through and weapon projectiles acted as expected. Recently I reimported the file as usual and the collision no longer works. I'm confused as to what happened. My plan is to create a low res collision model now, but I'm curious how this happened.

Thanks!

UnrealEd can make the LowRes collision for your static mesh. In one of the menues you can find a DOP-12 (and a couple of others), and it will generate a collision mesh...
    ------------------------------------------
    Can somebody lend me a hitch off this planet?

The static mesh was quite complex though. It contained hallways, rooms, openings, etc so I get the impression that it was a fairly complex "per face" collision. Does unrealed automatically assign a per face collision upon import? If so, why did it stop working?

it should work
    if it doesnt its or a bug, or you have an error in the mesh, a messy part or something like that
    isolated vertices etc
    try to weld and remove iso vertices, clean up etc
    try to make a new cube, attach your mesh to new cube(pc will think its still the new cube thus reset some settings and fix bugs) and then delete the cube again so you have only the original model left

might work
    Hourences.com
    Portfolio - Books - Jobs - Textures - News