Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by Demondo
    Nah, the new wario games are not a new genre. If anything they are a spin-off off the old genre of "Party games" like mario party which is also a collection of mini-games.
    Dont think its a wario game, the one i mean
    Its very different those mario party games..... few seconds to figure out each game b4 the next begins
    I played it and its very addictive..... cant remember the name :/

/edit
    no idea if it has anything to do with the mario world at all ....... :P
    just a bunch of tiny games..... ALOT of them, just seconds to play each game b4 the next comes along
    Last edited by ScrooLoose; 11-16-2004 at 01:09 AM.

Originally posted by Nnyar
    Alone in the dark came up with the surivial horror genre
    Havent you heard? if it's not on a console, it's not a real game

As for your defenition of survival horror... the games you listed were action/horror.
    I like to fall down, it gives me the rewarding feeling of standing back up again....

GET A free Mac Mini Don't forget to read everything they send you and to sign up for one of the offers in order to complete your memberships.

Originally posted by ScrooLoose

Dont think its a wario game, the one i mean
    Its very different those mario party games..... few seconds to figure out each game b4 the next begins
    I played it and its very addictive..... cant remember the name :/

/edit
    no idea if it has anything to do with the mario world at all ....... :P
    just a bunch of tiny games..... ALOT of them, just seconds to play each game b4 the next comes along
    The game was called Warioware, I believe. There is a GameCube and a GBA version. And yes, I know it is slightly different than Mario Party in that they don't explain the mini games, and there is no board, and whatnot. But the concept isn't too dissimilar. At least not to warrant getting its own genre.

Somewhere in the State of Misery A.K.A. Missouri

dealing with ai is tne next level...

Alice and other ai is almost a game to some these days.... that's a genre that's starting to actually take forma s a game... When AI the movie started to be known about, but was not yet out there was a lot of hoo haa about what the movie producers where doing online... they had a sort of online whodunit mystery game that was done with various techniques online. I didn't get a chance to play it because I didn't know about it in time, but it involved auto email responders, white on white html pages, secret messages that were in html comments that you'd have to go to view source to see, and a lot of other stuff like that... something like that that actually was developed enough would be the NEXT NEW GENRE... but it's new enough that no one except the makers of that movie seem to have used it so far...

Some would say the new dvds that are games that you play on dvd players are new genre... but they are not. I remember back in the 80s there were games like that on vhs!
    My art blog: http://www.jeffthomannsart.blogspot.com

My Entropia Universe Item Selling Blog: http://www.mariasgoods.blogspot.com

don't forget about those Dance Dance Revolution type games. That's not only a different genre of game type, but how you play the game all together.

*starts dancing to some bass pumping techno

Note: I HATE those games. lol

but really, you can make a new genre, because they are subject to opinion anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123