Lighting Problem

i have created lights in unreal editor but when i test the map the light does not show up. I read somewhere that you can use emitters to create lights but im not sure how to do that.

The attachment has a screen shot of what it looks like in unreal editor and when i test the map.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You did do a build on the lights in the editor before playtesting I am guessing ?
    And did you turn off or on something in the light's properties ?
    And what mod are you attempting to map for ?

Clan |UED| - - -
    Answering the call for high quality, custom content
    for the Unreal Tournament 2004 community.

Now, 3DBuzz hosted !
    Visit us at http://sv4.3dbuzz.com/clanUED

I did do a build all and i did turn dynamics and Corona to True. The map is for Lawdogs a western first person shooter.

This might best be solved by asking it over at the mod place that you're doing the map for...In the in-editor shot I don't even see the lights you placed. It is very possible/probably however that this is a mod-specific problem.

By the looks of it, you've placed the lights inside the lamp smeshes, right?

Then nope your map won't light up. The smeshes are blocking the tracers the light actors do when calculating how to light your map. Either place the lights outside the lamp smeshes, which is the best way. Or turn of bBlockZeroExtendTracers (or bBlockNonZeroExtendTracers, forget which is which all the time) in the colllision tab of the lamp smeshes. This will negate the smesh blocking tracers. However this will also make sure that projectiles go right through the smesh. Hence that the first method is the best.

Havent tested, but would it be possible to set the lamp SMesh to a mover...Movers dont have shadows, and then shouldnt block light...
    ------------------------------------------
    Can somebody lend me a hitch off this planet?

I have tried all different things and i still cant get it work but ill keep trying.

I took the light out of the static mesh and now the light works. Thanks for all your help anyway