Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    np. i am sure that you noticed them anyway and jsut didnt feel like fixing them so you moved on to somethign else. i know i did that lots in my female model. then i went back and fixed them

Alright, turned out I needed a break from modeling the wheel, so I'm back to the car body. Been working on the back part.

-Chris

Moving to the front.

-Chris

Wilmington, NC: The Hollywood of the South

Two thumbs up from a BMW lover

I love this, man! Very detailed. Keep it up please!

-BMW

Hey guys,

I've watched about half of the really cool Audi tutorial by Blittze and that made me wanna continue on my own car.

So here's the latest progress. I've also played around with materials a bit.

But since the reflections make the geometry a little hard to see, here's a viewport screenshot.

Man, that front spoiler sure was one b!tch. But it seems like I'm almost there with it.

What's giving me a hard time at the moment is the badge on the hood. My hood was perfectly smooth until I added the badge. I can't seem to get it smooth again.
    Any tips on that maybe?

-Chris

P.S.: Here's a reference pic of the real deal:

Last edited by Chris_TC; 01-14-2005 at 02:39 PM.

looks good! love the reflections of light! keep working.
    - Rik

I would say model the badge seperate from the hood itself, because don't they just glue those things on afterwards anyways? Other then that I am not sure how you would get the smoothness back. Other then that your car is coming along pretty nicely.
    Thanks,
    -Demonhawk-
    -Piyush Agarwal-

it sounds kinda funny when you say "don't they just glue those things on afterwards anywyas?" because it sounds like they don't care. considering the price of some bmw's, i'm sure they don't "just glue it" but yeah, understand what you mean... haha. it gave me a nice little laugh.
    - Rik

Lol, ^_^, well I am glad I gave you a laugh, but I assume that they do just "glue it on" because it probably would be a pain to paint it all, and even to make it if the badge was actually part of the chassis.
    Thanks,
    -Demonhawk-
    -Piyush Agarwal-

Hey guys,

went back to this model and I'm really eager to finish it as quickly as possible.

-Chris

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast