Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Character: Elder

Hey guys.

This is a character I'm working on for my CGTalk "Grand Space Opera" entry:

looks nice!

not so sci-fic... but very nice!

Nice proprtions. Great eyes and ears. Looking good.

looks excellent so far especially the the saggy skin. the areas i would look at are ;

the ears where they connect to the head
    the area between the 2 brows, looks too large and flat
    and the sharpness on the lips and crinkles

looking forward to the updates

everything i want to say was said by people above...
    Good work !

Experimental Architecture | NovaSynthesis

"If Paul Holm hasnt hit SUBMIT, by the time i do then i would suggest that you read the manual [...]" - geedie

Some times when we reach that age - there are little rolls/folds of fat at the back of the head at the base of the skull where the neck meets it.

Nice modeling by the way!

hmm...

My opinion is that front of the neck is quite close to the chin?
    does somebody share my opinion? Othervise it looks Great!

Extremely great work, I like the gesture. EXCELLENT work

that's pretty nice, except he doesnt look much like an elder, he looks more middle aged to me, but other then that really good.

I think you have some issues that you have to corect them in an early stage to ensure a great resul.

These issues are:
    - the ears seem a little to big (no problem in that - there are people with big ears) and they don't connect perfect with the head (you have to obtain aperfect blending on the jaw line)
    - the forehead should be about half of the face length (here the forehead it tends to be a little higher than that)
    - his face show a lot of fat going under the skin; so that makes impossible to have parts of the cheeks going inward (like in a skiny old man); also the skin comeing down from the nose to the mouth it's to outward comparing with the sking under the nose - that definition there is to pronunced
    - from these views I can't realy see but you have to have one eye distance between the eyes
    - the corners of the mouth end outward; you have to make it end inward (for good deformation on animation) and also there are to sharp (create extra edges using the split polygon tool to create a little roundness there - I hope you understood what I ment)
    - the lips are to sharp definied, specialy the upper lip (it's very thin - I might be wrong here but if you tryed to obtain the lips by extrusion don't do it - I repeat I ight be wrong here)

I think that's it ! Minor things but I think that you have to fix them. Good luck in the competition.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast