Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Tierd of No NHL?

Tierd of No NHL? Well then let the NHLPA know how you feel.

http://www.nhlpa.com/feedback/index.asp

They might not read all the messages but if they get sent 100,000 messages they might get the "message".

Cfser

P.S. Feel free to send more then one message
    Edit. Feel free to keep sending messages as often as possible.
    It cant hurt and it might help.
    Last edited by cfser; 11-10-2004 at 11:16 AM.
    Veni, vidi , Edidi

Huh? Ive been ou of the loop for a while. Whats going on? Another lock out?
    "Booleans are for wankers and beginners!"
    - Lurky

Jumpgate Evolution

Originally posted by Cander
    Huh? Ive been ou of the loop for a while. Whats going on? Another lock out?
    Yes. Its very anoying.
    The owners are looseing money. The situation they are in is thier fault. They only way out of the situation is for the players to cut back their salerys but they are greedy #$#@$#@ so we have no hockey.

Cfser
    Veni, vidi , Edidi

*sigh*

Yeah god forbid some top star having to make only 1 million isntead of 2 million. Oh crap. That will put them in the poor house!!!
    - Lurky

Jumpgate Evolution

Originally posted by Cander
    *sigh*

Yeah god forbid some top star having to make only 1 million isntead of 2 million. Oh crap. That will put them in the poor house!!!
    Actually the guys who are making 1.6 mill wil have to drop to 1.3 but they aren't complaing much. The majority of the whiners have been the players making 10 Mill and will probably have to drop down to 5. How will they ever live on that?

Cfser
    Veni, vidi , Edidi

They can only eat Cavear(sp?) and drink Dom 2 meals a day now!! The horror!!!

Can you imagine? That is borderline living in a cardboard box.
    - Lurky

Jumpgate Evolution

Well, both teams have good ideas to address the issues with what is going on. Unfortunately, the idea the NHLPA proposes apparently saves the league $200 million a year. It is good that is is a savings of $200 million, but last I heard, the league lost over $250 million a year. This would just slow the decaying of the league. The owners on the other hand, are proposing that fancy salary cap. The funny thing is they have the backing of leagues like the NFL saying that a salary cap works and the NHLPA should accept it. Unfortunately it is the NHLPA that would lose in this scenario because then their players would be limited... well, their high priced players anyways. Unfortunately, they see it as all about themselves and not the healthy survival of the league.

It would be nice with a salary cap because one team can't just stack themselves with the best players, and make a predictable season every year. I bet if this season, Detroit was in it, they would either be a presidents trophy champion again, or damn close. Wouldn't surprise me being the most expensive team in the league. (Did I mention I also hate Brett Hull? ) I like the way the NFL has it. Franchises in the NFL are healthy year to year. No teams have to worry about losing their franchise.

The only thing I gots ta say, reduce the number of teams in the NHL, and bring back the Jets...

Yeah Brett Hull sucks! And I am a Red Wings fan...

Since 2000 I have only watched the occasional game just to see if the game has improved. It hasn't.

Guy Lafleur had the right idea. Close the whole thing down and start over.

Well a good start:

Maximum 18 teams

Salary cap.

Regular season. Cut 1.5 to 2 months out of the regular season.

Playoffs:
    (Round 1) best of 3
    (Round 2) best of 5
    (Round 3 Finals) best of 7
    As it stands now the regular season doesn't mean a whole lot unless your team really sucks.

What really pisses me off is that 240 NHLer's have gone to Europe and is scabbing jobs from people trying to feed their families just so they can stay in shape.

A good chance for the players to show they actually give a damn about some other themselves. All they needed to do was set aside some money for the guys who jobs they stole as part of their war chest. These guys are losing their jobs because owners see a chance to bring in more people by playing stars. They don't make a whole lot of money, so it is not as if it would cause financial problems with the players.

Mind you a player may have to put off buying that BMW to pay for 3 players who job he scabbed.

1 NHL player goes to Europe, 3 European players lose their jobs? Odd bit of mathematics don't you think?

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast