Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karma system

Karma system

NOTE: This is NOT a complaint. i love the karma system.

I don't know about the rest of you, but i myself find it really irritating when i am downloading VTM's and i get to the last one only to find out that i have insulficcient Karma.
    No offence, i love the Karma system since it enables me to download alot more than i would be able to do if i had the star system. At the same time, it takes shorter time to be able to download than if i where to have the starsystem since that system required the moderators to evaluate each user to find out if they where qualified for a star.
    But what i miss in the Karma system is the scale that tells me when i have enough to download a VTM.
    At the same time i would like to know why i can't download anymore VTM's when i have a Karma level of between 10-13. I have twice had that and then i am unable to download.

If i remeber corectly you can automaticly download 5 VTMs no matter what. After that (if i remeber corectly) you need to have a karma level of 30 to download again.

NOTE: A karma level of 30 is not hard to obtian

Good Luck and have fun!!

Cfser
    Veni, vidi , Edidi

I think the required amount is 25 but eitherway it will more than likely be in demondo's faq which is a sticky in this forum and the vtm forum.

Yeah, its not hard to jump like 20 or 30 karma points in a day or two. Just keep active on the forums.

Originally posted by Gollum15
    Yeah, its not hard to jump like 20 or 30 karma points in a day or two. Just keep active on the forums.
    I think it can even happen alot quicker then that depending on how much your are on/reading/serching etc.

But what it comes down to is that its easy

Cfser
    Veni, vidi , Edidi

Somewhere in the State of Misery A.K.A. Missouri

UH...

did you read the apology thread? The karma system has no impact on vtm downloads (at least at the moment..) consider this a time to download those few vtms that you NEED... unfortantely I had an os crash (several actually) over the last few months... and needed to catch up on vtms so I took this opportunity to download a lot of vtms... I am sorry if this makes me a leech... I do check the forums daily and try not to leech, but without vtms, I was in a serious predicament of not being able to get back in to the stuff in the few vtms that I had until this karma thing happened... so sorry, but for the moment my downloading for the last 2 days has dropped me to negative 110 karma... It'll come back (hopefully)... was above 20+ and up to 60 on some days before all of this happened... figured I'd better download now while karma system is down temporarily so that I can get the vtms that I do need now... I don't usually download vtms since most of my forum checking is done at work on another computer... this downloading was all to my home system over the last few hours during times that I normally sleep. Sorry if I caused any trouble by doing this.
    My art blog: http://www.jeffthomannsart.blogspot.com

My Entropia Universe Item Selling Blog: http://www.mariasgoods.blogspot.com

-110 karma? Dude, take a screenshot!

oooo...

now it's even lower... -148 - guess it needed time to catch up with me...

Again, I'm sorry that I'm downloading like crazy, but this is like the 3rd attempt in however many years I've been a member to really download vtms because I really want to get the most out of them and watch them all straight through as much as possible... I guess I'm weird like that wanting to just get as many as possible at one setting. It seems I learn more doing that than I do getting a little here a little there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bad karma.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	34731  

sure am glad it's easy to get karma...

I'm back up to -29.25.... it's only a matter of time til I'm positive again!

Re: oooo...

Originally posted by mastermesh
    now it's even lower... -148 - guess it needed time to catch up with me...

Again, I'm sorry that I'm downloading like crazy, but this is like the 3rd attempt in however many years I've been a member to really download vtms because I really want to get the most out of them and watch them all straight through as much as possible... I guess I'm weird like that wanting to just get as many as possible at one setting. It seems I learn more doing that than I do getting a little here a little there.

Speachless... how did you do that?!

Experimental Architecture | NovaSynthesis

"If Paul Holm hasnt hit SUBMIT, by the time i do then i would suggest that you read the manual [...]" - geedie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast