Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I learned the ultima series alphabet to the point I read it almost like normal text when I was younger. That counts?

i believe those are runes, if my memory serves me still. (the viking alphabet)

unless you speak of something else.

CHeerS!
    // Vrolfak
    My Blog

Ah, damn it... and here I was thinking I was one of the few who read ultima...

Originally posted by DUDEY

now that would just be plain silly...
    More silly than jumping of a cliff for kicks? It's just something to exercise your mind. I know people who can do extremely difficult math problems that they'll never encounter in their life in the blink of an eye. Is it plain silly if you can do that?

But this could lead us to a next question, why would you do it? I just tried out D'ni because it's not hard, it kinda reminds me of latin and I find the alphabet cool Especially the numbers At the same time it gives me something to learn because I haven't learned anything at all in like 4 months now I guess some people take a on non existant language because they're big fansboys (like that language from Star Trek or the Tolkien Elvish languages). The Myst games just sparked my interest now, so I guess I'm also part of the fanboy category (only a little though)
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

I once downloaded a free University course pack on learning Quenya, one of the elvish dialects of Tolkien. Really never had time to actually learn it, just browsed through it...got is saved up somewhere for when I have free time to do it. I could be a lot of fun
    "The labours of men of genius, however erroneously directed, scarcely ever fail in ultimately turning to the solid advantage of mankind"
    -- Mary Shelley

Me and my friends made up a whole language one time and we became quite fluent in speaking it as well.
    But the last time that i used it was after i submitted a entire english essay in our little language, we naver gave it a name.
    I got a big fat 'F' for that entire term after i submitted me essay.
    (My teacher does not like me and now she had an excuse to fail me)

Well that was a few years ago now but theres my story.
    Im a Guy That Goes By The Name Of Stoner

Originally posted by neelz

More silly than jumping of a cliff for kicks? It's just something to exercise your mind.
    well not quite as silly as that but if you do that your only gonna be able to do that once :-\

jake.hall@gmail.com Got Xbox live? Add me. DuDeY109

I've seen people talking al bhed from final fantasy x/x-2 which kind of freaked me out but i think what scared me more was the i recognized that they were speaking it.

"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out. "

Timothy Leary

If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine. - Ernesto Che Guevara

Originally posted by DUDEY

well not quite as silly as that but if you do that your only gonna be able to do that once :-\
    I actually meant like bungee or basejumping.

I once downloaded a free University course pack on learning Quenya, one of the elvish dialects of Tolkien. Really never had time to actually learn it, just browsed through it...got is saved up somewhere for when I have free time to do it. I could be a lot of fun
    Would you mind sharing it? I'd love to take a look at it too.

And for those who are interested, I have a 17 page D'ni dictionary I got off a site, but I threw out all of the junk and made a nice, clean Word document of it. If anyone's interested I'll upload it in this thread.
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast