Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by 3dzeon
    If you buy the Foundation (included DVD's), you should get up and running pretty fast.
    I haven't bought the video from 3dtutorials yet, but for 49.99US$ , wich i think is a low price for traning materials, you can't go wrong.

If any one has seen the "Getting Started with SOFTIMAGE|XSI" they can tell you if it it's worth it.
    I've tried the demo of that one, but it seems to be aimed at people transitioning from Maya to XSI.

I have purchased the Modelling I by Stuart Diston-Hunter from 3dtutorial.com and that one is an awesome introduction to modelling in XSI. In just a few hours (I think it's 12 hours) it will get anyone up to speed using XSI's modelling tools.

I also recommend the XSI - Production Solutions and Tips as well, since the Modelling I only covers modelling, and the PST one covers Shading, Lighting, Rendering and Compositing.

I got the Production Tips, the SubD-Modelling and the Render Tree videos. And i like all of them. My favorite so far is the Production Tips one, cause it covers a range of topics in xsi.
    Did anyone here watch the head-modelling tutorial (the new one)? Can someone recommend it, or say something specific about it?

cheers,
    daniel | schyzomaniac
    The only path to SUCCESS is through FAILURE!
    ...other people's failure. Not yours.
    That wouldn't be a very good path.

I have the new head modelling one Daniel and i can highly recommend it. I've only just started to work through it but i've learnt a lot. Especially on the flow for creating nice edge loops etc.

Really looking forward to completing this head.

I'll try to upload a render tonight of where i'm at.
    Last edited by mrmacca; 12-07-2004 at 05:47 PM.

Ok, here's two quick renders, i'm about 60% percent through the tutorial.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heada.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	35356  

and the last....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	headb.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	35357  

Wow! This is quite nice. It must be a really good tut or you are naturaly talented.
    Since I gave up hope, i feel much better.

Well thanks Lancelot....i'd say it's a very good tutorial that you can't really go wrong with. For the last 30% though i am going to deviate a bit from the tutorial, don't want to be copying it totally.

Thanks for the feedback and uploading your images mrmacca. Those renders look really nice.
    One more thing. In the videos - is the author only showing what he's dooing, or also explaining why? I don't want to replicate every single cut or edgeloop, instead i want to understand the technique behind it, so i'll be alble to transfer the knowledge to other "heads" or even other 3d packages.

cheers,
    daniel | schyzomaniac
    The only path to SUCCESS is through FAILURE!
    ...other people's failure. Not yours.
    That wouldn't be a very good path.

Originally posted by cmagic
    Hi Buddski,

Sure, I will be back in London next week, I'll buy you a pint

Cheers mate,

Joe

Hi there,
    do you do any bundle discount on your site for both downlaod and cd package... like buy 2 save x% or buy 3 save x%, buy 4 save x% and so on?

cheers

oh a special offer to 3D Buzz users?

Originally posted by HokutoTC

Hi there,
    do you do any bundle discount on your site for both downlaod and cd package... like buy 2 save x% or buy 3 save x%, buy 4 save x% and so on?

cheers

oh a special offer to 3D Buzz users?
    Greetz HokutoTC,

I am happy to consider doing this on a case by case basis, so if you are interested making a volume purchase you should contact me privately at:

joe[at]3dtutorial.com (please replace the [at] with @)

And tell me what you have in mind, I'm sure I can work something out that will make you happy :-))

When you write me, make sure you tell me who you are and that we had a chat about volume discounts on the 3D Buzz site.

I hope this will help

Cheers,

Joe
    Joe Saltzman
    Director
    3dtutorial.com
    USA

Certified Softimage Instructor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast