Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Video Tutorial for XSI

3D Tutorial.com made a new Video
    have a look here:
    Getting Started with SOFTIMAGE|XSI

Price: US$ 49.99
    (a good price, my 2 cents)
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Between the 3dbuzz videos and the DVDs that are included with your purchase of XSI, it seems like a new user like myself should be able to get up and running fairly quickly. Does this video you mention offer anything not covered by the aforementioned training material? Does it go into any further depth? Judging from the site info, it seems like it covers much of the same material.
    Gregg Domain
    Visual Effects Artist
    www.greggdomain.com
    ----------------------------

If you buy the Foundation (included DVD's), you should get up and running pretty fast.
    I haven't bought the video from 3dtutorials yet, but for 49.99US$ , wich i think is a low price for traning materials, you can't go wrong.

Also like you said the Buzz videos is great.

There is always some others ways of doin stuff in XSI, I want to learn the fastest ways or the ways that work best for me. So I like to watch different people working in XSI.

So I might buy this video, just don't have time to watch it now.

You could try downloading the "Try version" and make a mind of your self. I downloaded all the try versions, and will go threw them, once I have time.

If any one has seen the "Getting Started with SOFTIMAGE|XSI" they can tell you if it it's worth it.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

I downloaded some of the try versions also; but haven't had time to check them out yet. There are so many things to do!!!

I bought 'em just on the off chance - my verdict..... forget your piss up down the town this weekend, buy these instead - seriously I learnt more in a few hours than i did a whole day doing the tuts on the media cd, I have'nt watched any of the buzz videos yet (is that karma abuse thingy fixed?). But i'll give em a shot
    even though the 3dtutorial site and vid go on about the transition from maya,if you use max (like me ) you'll find no problems as most of the stuff will be strangely familiary max-like to you, or demonstrated, and theres no annoying voice or waffling about crap its all pretty much straight to the point.
    The production dvds that come with Xsi are really good but technical with a capital T! I'm seeing them more as a reference than tutorialage, So I'll use them after i get basic concepts and stuff sorted, then use the dvd's to look into the areas
    but anyway back on subject - if your struggling, or just need a quick start up solution that'll get you up & working quickly then i'd say these are the puppies, there not tutorials but more of an interface and tools overview, and their damm cheap as well!
    buy it you won't regrett it!
    Last edited by Buddski; 11-03-2004 at 10:48 AM.

Hi Buddski,

Just wanted to say thanks very much indeed for your kind comments.

We work hard on this stuff so it's really nice when people take the time to comment on our training.

I really appreciate your support and most of all I am happy that you are finding the lessons helpful.

Enjoy the tutorials and of course, XSI !!!

Cheers mate,

Joe Saltzman
    Joe Saltzman
    Director
    3dtutorial.com
    USA

Certified Softimage Instructor

Great, this is just the sort of thing I've been looking for, maybe ill buy that the next time I get paid, although, I'm not sure when that'll be given that my work hasnt been to regular lately.

I watch this try video XSI-Adv. SubD Surface Modelling to day from 3D Tutorial.com

Thats is the most awsome subdivision surface modelling I have seen.
    A brand new way of modeling, can I recommend it ? yes indead

This just got hit my to do list.

I can't commit on the whole tutorial, since is is not installed on my pc yet, but I can sure reccomend to download the trial verison and watch it.

"small comment"
    I have only read good stuff about 3Dtutorials.

PS: I have nothing to do with 3dtutorial so this is not advertising

no probs Joe! do i get comission!!!!!

Hi Buddski,

Sure, I will be back in London next week, I'll buy you a pint

Cheers mate,

Joe
    Joe Saltzman
    Director
    3dtutorial.com
    USA

Certified Softimage Instructor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast