Is GTA:SA and MGS3 worth buying a PS2 or should I wait for a PC/Xbox version?

What do you think?I'm thinking about buying a PSTwo GTA:SA and later MGS3, then I might get some more games like DMC3, Wanda and the Colussos and FFXII.But I already have an Xbox and a good PC and with Halo 2 on the way and games like DOA:U, Jade Empire and KOTOR 2 I don't know if it is worth buying now or waiting for the superior PC version.

Having owning gta sa and mgs3 demo id say its worth it, and there are plenty of other games already out there that are just as great and plenty more to come. I'm pretty sure metal gear solid 3 is being made on playstation only.

GTA:SA I can vouch for.
    I'm not a big fan of MGS, so can't comment.

Don't know if it would be worth getting the whole system for it, as SA will eventually make it to PC and X-Box anyway.

I say if you have the cash, then why not.

if you have a pc, then why do you have an xbox anyways?!?! same thing to me.
    plus, with the new ps2 model out, that could easily fit in your wallet, instead of taking up half my trunk like with an xbox, and the fact that sony will soon drop the price of the ps2 anyways, i would definitely buy a ps2. and i would definitely buy gta:sa and mgs3. there's a reason gta comes out for the ps2 first, and there's a reason why kojima only makes mgs3 for the ps2, no coincidence.

metal gear solid 2 is out for the xbox
    as is a remake for metal gear solid 1 for gamecube

thier is a reason they make the games for the ps2 first.
    its because the vast majority of people have ps2's, definately not because the system is better.

with that said, i would say yes buy a ps2 as thiers many games on ps2 that you cannot play on any xbox (not a big pc gamer).

gta sa is great and i already preoredered mgs snake eater.

and with a ps2 for only 150 dollars its really a no brainer.

if 150 and the 2 games ( 250 ) is to rich for your blood just to play these 2 games, you can always sale them when your done on ebay.

and the new ps2 probly wont have a price drop until the ps3 comes out, though i suspect you can pick up the older model cheaper at other retailers later on.

Originally posted by deep-freeze
    metal gear solid 2 is out for the xbox
    as is a remake for metal gear solid 1 for gamecube

thier is a reason they make the games for the ps2 first.
    its because the vast majority of people have ps2's, definately not because the system is better.

with that said, i would say yes buy a ps2 as thiers many games on ps2 that you cannot play on any xbox (not a big pc gamer).

gta sa is great and i already preoredered mgs snake eater.

and with a ps2 for only 150 dollars its really a no brainer.

if 150 and the 2 games ( 250 ) is to rich for your blood just to play these 2 games, you can always sale them when your done on ebay.

and the new ps2 probly wont have a price drop until the ps3 comes out, though i suspect you can pick up the older model cheaper at other retailers later on.
    Mgs2 on the xbox was a shocking port and imo not worth the money, Twin snakes was also discontinued on the gamecube after a week of selling. I don't why it was discontinued cause it was really quite an awesome remake of mgs1 but im glad i was able to get my copy of it.

If you have a old pc with poor specs then i'd not go for a ps2, becuase most pc games lately are coming out x-box only(like half life 2- thanks to deepfreeze for telling me this ), so i'd wait for a x-box/pc conversion. but i'm not sure if the MGS series are on the x-box. touch choice i guess.

Im going to wait for the PC version. Pity it's not out till April 05 in the UK

Re: Is GTA:SA and MGS3 worth buying a PS2 or should I wait for a PC/Xbox version?

According to Gamespot there will be no Xbox version of GTA:SA. If there are some PS2 games that interst you in the slightest then get the PS2 with SA. If GTA San Andreas is the ony PS2 game you like then wait for the PC version. But generally I would recomend getting a PS2, ase in my opnion there are some good exclusinve games on the PS2.
    Last edited by mhosny; 11-26-2004 at 01:31 PM.
    Click HERE for a free game
    (An idiot would keep on clicking forever)