Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TEACH ME!

Thanks again for the comments and feedback. I'm going to mess with the legs a make them a bit thicker. I didn't plan the model out too well and just worked from a side sketch. Some of the other bits I'm just making up as I go. I'll plan things out better next time though. The Mech was also modeled in 3ds max 6 using Vray free renderer.

Here's the side sketch I did and modeled from if anyone wants to check it out.

HEllo,

Can you please tell me how did you made this nice rendering...
    I like the blue plane very much...

I'm a novice.

I tried to achive such plane but without success..

Where did you placed the lights and what lights have you used?
    And the shadows are really cool and the way the material of the model is rendered...

very nice work..

Hey jnikola. All I did for the plane was change the assigned color max gave it to a blue color. Thats it really. For the rendering and setting it up, I just followed some video tutorials at www.3d-palace.com. The mini gun tutorial explains how to set up a quick render with Vray and that's what I followed. The only thing I did different was I left the omni light on. There's also some Vray specific tutorials on 3d-palace. Check them out and they should answer your questions.

Anyways, another little update. I made the legs thicker, but just a bit. I like the thin light look. Also added a few bits like the gun on the side and some small guns coming out the front. Other trim work here and there.

nice model, i agree with you about the legs there looking good thin, kinda like a spider, daddy long legs or something
    the only things i would change are the textures for the red lights/eyes and the guns at the bottom.

id say the red lights should look more sinister some how like the robots off the matrix and the guns should look like guns abit more the matte black isnt working for me

TEACH ME!
    greeeeeaaat work man

Originally posted by [kehlan]
    ... I just followed some video tutorials at www.3d-palace.com. The mini gun tutorial explains how to set up a quick render with Vray and that's what I followed. The only thing I did different was I left the omni light on....
    KEhlan thank you for the tip.

Your modell looks really good...

I like the thin legs it makes it look a lot faster as though it can strke fast and the get out

Thanks for the comments guys! I think I'm done with the model anyways. I replaced the spiked feet, remodeled some new side mounted guns on the top, added a couple decals, some reflection and a bit more modeling here and there. I hope it looks cool. Still open to suggestion.

Click to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12