Thread: Projectors

Projectors

Hey, how do you "spawn" a projector, who will follow the player?
    (or spawn any projector at all).

Im trying to make a flashlight equipment (not weapon), similar to the one from Unreal 1 (but better ). I have succesfully wrote the turn on/off code, the pickup, and so on, but i cant find any code about how to make the light-projector.

And does someone know why my equipment (pickup) icon wont show up? I have made the icon, and set the "IconMaterial=" property, but it wont show up.
    ------------------------------------------
    Can somebody lend me a hitch off this planet?

Have a look at the headlight code used in ONSVehicle. They use projectors which follow the vehicle around.

Get some real-time help for all matters 'Unreal' over at #ued on dl1.3dbuzz.com. Just grab yourself a free copy of mIRC at http://www.mirc.com/ and visit our channel.

Basically you need to spawn the projector, then you will constantly detach it from the world, move it, then reattach it to the world (since projectors dont render when theyre not attached, and they dont move when they are)

edit: rather, their visual position doesnt update until you reattach it. The Projector actor itself can be moved all over, but until you detach and then reattach it the decal will remain in the original position.
    Last edited by EvilDrWong; 10-27-2004 at 07:27 PM.
    AIM:EvilDrWongPhD | ICQ:26065027
    You know you want to baby, I can see it in your eyes.

Hey if you haven't already seen it some one else has made one for UT2K3 and it shouldn't be to hard to port it over to UT2K4.

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Ul...FlashLight_2k3

hope this helps. (:

Thanks for the reply. That udn stuff was probarly what i was looking for.

And my last question, about the equipment icon. Do i have to code them to show up on my hud, myself?

Yes. Its a very simple task though, which you can just chalk up to "ugh, more HUD crap" when it comes to it.
    AIM:EvilDrWongPhD | ICQ:26065027
    You know you want to baby, I can see it in your eyes.

The projectors doesnt actually "light up" anything, i discovered. They lit up a wall in the editor, but ingame, when lighting at a perfectly black wall, it just show the wall as shaded...no texture...damn...

So ill just took most of http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/U..._FlashLight_2k3 's code...