Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

looking at getting a new FPS game

i am planning on going to the store later and was wondering what you people hthink i should get. i am a big fan of WW2 games.(i dont really like the totally unreal games(like unreal tournament; no pun intended) BF1942 is one of my fav. games of all time(up there with morrowind) now i am looking at either getting Halflife for the DoD, NS, and CS or getting Call of Duty. both are the same price by me. what do you people think i sould get?

I would wait for half life 2 and dod:source to come out, since I am sure there will be some good hl2 WWII mods.

So right now I would go with call of duty, it's a pretty good game, the single player is great, but I haven't played online, but I have seen other people play it and it looks pretty good.

Yea, if you like sigleplay Call of Duty is the most Intence FPS game of that genre I have ever played..

CoD is my one of my favorites, i would like to play the newest MoH, but my computer is too slow .

my computer is kinda bad so i dont know....maybe HL and i dont wana wait till source cause i still believe that it will never come out :P

Operation flashpoint is a simulation, so if you like arcade games like Battlefield and Soldner this is not for you. But if you want a game wich i realistic, i recomend it!
    - RiviEr

well i like semi realistic games. i dont like insane physics. and i would not consider BF1942 to be arcade. i would say that CS is less realistic. though if my comp is good enough i think i am gonna go with CoD

I'm a big fan of WWII games myself ... I am constantly playing DoD online (almost at the exclusion of the more modern games)

Out of all of them, Call Of Duty definitely stands out for the singleplayer experience. Some of the battlescenes that you get involved in are extremely intense. Anyone who has played it through will definitely remember crossing the volga in the opening scenes of the Russian levels. The downside of CoD is that is quite easy (for an experienced gamer) and does not seem to have many hours of gameplay (20-30 maybe??). It does have multiplayer though, and there is a new expansion just out

MoHAA is also quite good, but lacks the "realism" of CoD. I am playing it through at the moment. My only complaint is some badly scripted action and gameplay. In a couple of missions, it keeps respawning enemy troops constantly to make you rush through that section of the level (sometimes near suicidely).

Both CoD and MOHAA are very linear games.

For online DoD is a scream (woot) if you can get it on budget then it is a must-have (even with DoD:Source approaching (hopefully)). The graphics are limited because of the old HL technology but the gameplay is fantastic. Great levels and reasonably well balanced teams.

There is also a WWII MP mod for UT2K3/4 worthy of a mention. Red Orchestra, which places the Russian Red Army against the axis powers. There is a great map featuring the capture of Berlin. Very nice maps (quite large too), but the gameplay takes a little getting used to as there are no crosshairs to aim with and you have to use iron-sights to try and target the enemy. This is an extremely accomplished mod but (in europe anyway) it seems to be let down by the limited number of supporting servers for multiplayer. If you have UT2K3/4 it is worth looking at (save you a few bucks too as it is free to DL)
    So this would be where the sig goes then?

My ADP Site: http://adp.3dbuzz.com/amogley/index.html

i think i will look into that ut2k4 mod... but is CoD a good multiplayer. i have heard that it is one of the best

CoD MP is decent, not realistic but its pretty fun.

I would suggest getting Half-Life 2 this Nov 16th

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast