Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House WIP

House WIP

not really a wip, I think it's finished, all done in max 6 what do you think ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test 4.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	598.8 KB 
ID:	33904  
    I was once a small cog in the machine.

I am now the machine

suprises me noone else has commented yet. I like it! Nice texture work. I don't like the grass on the lefthand side though and it seems to be to bright compared to the sky if you know what I mean.
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors

Very cool! I take it its a new house? Otherwise I would add some dirt or moss to the roof tiles as they are spanking clean! Very cool piece!

Hi,
    hard to say when a scene is really finished

I can see some photoshop or PSP clone tool give away in the green grass
    The texture for the asphalted road should be of higher res as now you can see large pixels on the asphalt.

The tiled front/driveway of the house is very flat... yes it is supposed to be flat I know... I whish builders and tilers were really so precise

If this is a brand new house then you are on the right path, but the image is still a bit bland and clinical

If it is a occupied house your scene would benefit from a bit of life.
    From oil marks on the drive away to some variation in color on the driveway tiles... some variations on tiles in general... some tool or bike or other stuff placed around the house etc..

I don't have the image open right now because I'm typing but I think the lighting was a bit harsh

Good job so far but I would say that the image is not finished yet.
    Look at some Glossy New House Developments pictures where they show newly built house for sale... or pictures from Estate Agents leaflets... and pay attnetion to lighting and other life-like elements that coudl be added/chaged to your picture for a better result

yes, that's good work , yet the floor seems a bit much plane round the house compared with grass and road , you should make different level for those things....anyway , I've never been able to get something as nice as this....

Modeling is no more a problem as I can do quite everything I want ( regardless for the time it takes me ) but texturing and lighting is so strange to me...I will improve to your level,
    congratulations from a newbie ....living in France...

bye

keep on working , it's good ....=)

tanguy

Hi first of all its good work, but I will second the motion of the guys before me, and say i think its way too "clean" and percise. I would mess it up a bit if you want to make it look more realistic.

goodluck.
    *Managing Director - BlackSmithStudios
    *Technical Director - Cinruby
    *Certified Instructor - Alias|WaveFront

www.blacksmithstudios.net
    www.cinruby.com

thanks for your imput everyone, the points made about precise and too clean are well valid, I'll look into it.

My reason for doing this kind of work is to get into the building market and offer ai's of developments. I am trying to achieve a fairly good representation so it can be used in the developers marketing media.

To make my work marketable I have to limit myself to a certain amount of hours, so far this image has taken about 40 hours, that includes all the modelling and all the textures that were created by myself.

I think my work is up to a sellable standard but from your comments I think I need to focus on more realistic renders to really crack into the market.

Any focussed tutorials that you can point me in the right direction ?
    I was once a small cog in the machine.

I am now the machine

That is a nice house Good work.
    Live If You Can, Die If You Must, But Always Fight with Honor

Lego Brick Builder Script v0.07 for 3DSMax 5, 6 & 7 - LINK FIXED

the grass is to pointy, and the trees in the background look really 'quicky-pasted', other than that, i love it

I just look at your rendering.
    It is not bad but some point I think you can improve:
    - The propotion. Why don't you move camera up or down, or left to the right a little bit to stay away to straigh line (the roof and the side wall)
    - Reflection: Cannot be too different.........like that (
    - Shadow: need a little bit shape....or strong shape still be good.
    - Look so sad: Need some people or something.....like car, .flowers....
    - background and sky: colour of sky.......you can download on internet a lot of.....nice sky images and tree....you should start to build your own library by using your digital. The color of trees should me darker to emphasis the house....

There are a lot of more I would like to say but I think you can have a much better rendering by improve the things I pointer out
    Lam T. Vo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast