Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DoD: Source?

Re: DoD: Source?

Originally posted by Jdawgg
    Well, as we all know, CS Source is going to launch concurrently with Half-Life 2.
    CS: Source is out already for people who bought HL2 over Steam...

DOD: Source comes with both the silver and gold editions of HL2.

it looks great!
    - RiviEr

Well, as we all know, CS Source is going to launch concurrently with Half-Life 2. CS Source is like Counter-Strike 1.5 - just has the HL2 physics and has Half-Life graphincs on sterroids. Now we all have to imagine that Counter-Strike 2 is in development already (BUILT off the HL2 engine and not just ported like CS Source)
    Its actually 1.6 without the riot shield.
    Its not just the physics engine that has been ported. The whole game has been redone. All models have been redone (players, weapons, maps) all look totaly different and heaps better. Everything has had new high res normal maped textures.
    Counter Strike Source IS Counter Strike 2

OMG sooooo prrrreeetttyyy.

Click on the sig to see my previous ones.
    If you play DayOfDefeat, check out the clan I'm a member of: StormTroopers

Well, as we all know, CS Source is going to launch concurrently with Half-Life 2. CS Source is like Counter-Strike 1.5 - just has the HL2 physics and has Half-Life graphincs on sterroids. Now we all have to imagine that Counter-Strike 2 is in development already (BUILT off the HL2 engine and not just ported like CS Source) but what I really am wondering is Day of Defeat. That is a GREAT WWII shooter, and to see it on HL2 technology would be SWEET. I wonder if DoD Source is in existence, or if they will just wait and make Day of Defeat 2...

What are your thoughts?
    Actually i think CSS is gonna be it. Dont think CS2 is in development anymore.. wouldnt make much sense. They "ported" it from the original CS, meaning they wrote the entire CS Source from scratch, using what they already had. Doubt they will be doing all that stuff over again ... makes no sense. Now they got a product that people are paying for, wouldnt be a good business stragegy to suddenly split that marked into 2 groups.. CSS and CS2

Anyways DOD:S looks good, and should be fun when its out november 16 th ;D
    Swoop - Buzzed Pirate!
    " If nobodys talking to me, im talking to me" - Swoop

Reflection Design || Swoops Blog

2D Tutorials Compilation

The Speed Painting Thread || ((post your Concept Art thread))

i wish they atleast changed the voiced in Cs:source. Make me laugh each time i hear them, and they are in use 100% of the time when i play with bots. Wich means, i laugh all the time.
    - RiviEr

Counter-Strike: Source is basically a port of CS to the Source engine with upgraded graphics/physics.

Counter-Strike 2 is STILL under development but will be a totally brad new game and not a port or upgrade.

Day of Defeat: Source will also be a port to the Source engine but NOT a lot will be added or changed. It'll be basically the same old DoD except upgraded physics/graphics.

Hope that clears it out. Any other questions/confusions, feel free to ask!

~azzkiker
    azzkiker@hl2files.com
    HL2Files.com Site Admin
    azzkiker@filesnetwork.com
    FilesNetwork.com Network Admin & Hosted Sites Manager

Well i am confused then. Why on earth would valve develop CS2, when they also have Team Fortress 2 hanging over their heads which only was delayed as to use the source engine. Also Seems wierd to put that much effort into CS:S and then making basically the same game one more time...

Anyways if you could find some kinda of official statement, incerpt from interview or something that states that CS2 is in development i would appriciate it. Because i understood that valve decided first to just release CS:S with the name CS 2, but then just went for CS:S and decided that was it

Anyways proof would be good
    Swoop - Buzzed Pirate!
    " If nobodys talking to me, im talking to me" - Swoop

Reflection Design || Swoops Blog

2D Tutorials Compilation

The Speed Painting Thread || ((post your Concept Art thread))

Originally posted by Swoop
    Well i am confused then. Why on earth would valve develop CS2, when they also have Team Fortress 2 hanging over their heads which only was delayed as to use the source engine. Also Seems wierd to put that much effort into CS:S and then making basically the same game one more time...

CS2 has absolutely nothing to do with TFC2. Actually, a lot of effort was put into CS: Source for the sole fact that it was to make up for no Half-Life 2 Multiplayer as was announced formally a long time ago.

Anyways if you could find some kinda of official statement, incerpt from interview or something that states that CS2 is in development i would appriciate it. Because i understood that valve decided first to just release CS:S with the name CS 2, but then just went for CS:S and decided that was it
    Thats is so wrong. CS: Source is NOT CS2. CS2 will be a totally brand new game. Think of it as Condition Zero. Totally new, nothing to do with previous versions of Counter-Strike.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast