orthographic view problem

I have Maya 6 and i can't see handles on manipulators on my orthographic view. Only on the perspective view the handles can be seen. Here is the picture.
    Last edited by pianoman3d; 10-21-2004 at 05:56 AM.

Wow that's pretty weird. Try if you can resize the handles by hitting the plus or minus key, but I doubt that's the problem.

Other than that, maybe a bit brutal, but you could try to take a backup of your Maya settings dir (usually c:\documents and settings\your name\my documents\maya\maya6\) and just delete it entirely afterwards. Then load up Maya and see if the problem persists.
    Dan 'pezz' Kronholm.
    Currently working on: The MMO class!.
    Previously working on: Game called "Boom Bots", while learning Unity and C#. WIP thread here.

I believe that someone else had a problem like that and they found it was due to their video drivers. Try updating your video card drivers to see if that does the trick.

I've tried deleting my preferences and Maya created a new preference but nothing has changed.

HoLyCoW gaive you the right direction. Display problems like this are almost always related to the video card.

which graphic card, os, cpu, ... ?