Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

size of the light.

is there a way to chabge the size of a light, or maybe even the shape? so that the umbra and penumbra get calculated correctly.

Do you mean the radius in which the light is emitted? If so, open it's properties and go to "Properties -> Lighting -> LightRadius".

~TheVillageIdiot
    "Dreaming of a simple life I'll never see."

In Light Properites > Lighting > Light Effect, there is a spotlight, cilyndical light, ect.

no i dont mean the radius, i mean the size of the area that is actually emiting the light, so it will affect the umbra and penumbra of the shadow being casted by that light. like in real life, if a light is big, like a florecest tube, it make a smooth shadow with a big penumbra, but if its a bright enough tiny LED light, it makes a shadow with sharp edges.

Havent seen it...Dont think so.
    ------------------------------------------
    Can somebody lend me a hitch off this planet?

I read in another thred that the sharpness of the light is determined by how close the light is to the object that is suposed to cast the shadow.

This is link:
    http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...threadid=89905

Alternately I guess if you want to simulate a large light area, you could use multiple lights evenly spaced.

I hope this helps.
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    --Erin Majors

I would think you would just have to use multiple lights grouped together in the area to simulate a larger light

shadows arent that advanced in this and most engines out there, placement of the lightactor is pretty much all you can do
    as for the light shape itself as said only light effect cylinder and nonincidence come close
    they make the light fade out slower, directional lighting
    Hourences.com
    Portfolio - Books - Jobs - Textures - News

yeah i guess a bunch of spaced out lights would have almost the same effect, but what do i do if i want a nice crisp shadow, the regular lights have large penumbras.

you could try using a projector. There are some good sites out there that tell you how to make them, maybe someone here can supply a link...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast