Thread: Posting a Map

Posting a Map

I'm going to be finishing a new vCTF map soon and want to know how to post it on the forums for people to download and test. Since the attach file isn't even 1 megabyte, how do i post a map? Do I have to find a website to put it on or what not?

Well if the file is less than 900kb or so, you should be able to post it on the forums, otherwise NaliCity and Unreal Playground will let you upload your maps for free.

my advice is to start up your own website (http://www.sitesled.com) where you upload all of your maps and screens...it seems more proffesionall, and it's hella easier imo.

Awsome, thanks!

Originally posted by Snyp3r
    Well if the file is less than 900kb or so, you should be able to post it on the forums, otherwise NaliCity and Unreal Playground will let you upload your maps for free.
    That's 90kb for attachments not 900kb. I think the 902400 is supposed to be bits not bytes.

I am pretty sure it is ~900Kb, or 902400 bytes to be precise.

Originally posted by dottcomm
    my advice is to start up your own website (http://www.sitesled.com) where you upload all of your maps and screens...it seems more proffesionall, and it's hella easier imo.
    you cant keep that up long, your site will run out of allowed traffic if youll host it yourself, thats why those other host sites excist
    ofcourse if its just to post a map on this forum alone it doesnt mather alot as there arent enough people here to kill your site
    Hourences.com
    Portfolio - Books - Jobs - Textures - News

Originally posted by Hourences-2
    you cant keep that up long, your site will run out of allowed traffic
    Sitesled has 1 gig of transfer a day, 30 gigs monthly. That's plenty for smaller maps and pictures, and even some medium sized ones.