Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I do agree with surfer a bit.... every country should know how to speak/write english. Also for there own sake you miss so mutch without english. correct me if i am wrong.... but english and arabian language are the most common.... well i choose english

I personaly hate the synchronizations.... where Arnold Schwarzenegger says... ''Ich komme zuruch'' with a weird voice. It just doesn't fit and people won't learn english from that.

In holland kids from 12 year old can make themselfs realy good understandable. so no need for dutch subtitles.

With subtitles for vtm's the cummunity won't grow... i think it's only getting smaller caus people gonna wonder off to related forums in there own language....
    Made you look

Actually I believe both Chinese and Spanish are more widely spoken than English. Arabic comes in fourth.

Demondo I was trying to translate the 3ds Max vtm that are aviable, but its taking too long.
    As Buzz is fast as a thunder when its time for him to speak!

I dont know if I would finish the tutorials, cause Its taking ages to finish just one of them. I ll try to do something to finish the vtm, but its just a lot of work trying to optimize time on the subtitles to make it understandable, as reading is slower than hearing.

I think that translation is a better idea, but I know that none of us is as calified as Jason to be so practical and coherent.

Hope I can make my part with something like subtitling to contribuit to the comunity.

I guess another option, if subtitling proves too impractical would just be to do transcripts of the VTMs. So people can read them while BuZZ talks and pause as necessary.

I guees it has to have some screenies from the video just to make sense of which part its relating to.

I guess that could be a little bit better, some kind of text translation tutorial, based on the vtm??? What you think?

Well, I don't know how BuZZ feels about it. And it wasn't quite what I had in mind, but it sounds like an uber cool idea to me.

I have experience adding subtitles to videos, and with a few simple steps, it'll be easy. You go in and type out what is said and time it, then take that and translate it. Then send it to a timer (i can do that) then you make it into a subtitle file. The user on the other end who wants to see the video in a different language loads a script in vdub and that subtitle file and bam, its subtitled and buzz only has to host text files. Email me if you got any questions, cause i'm not on much anymore >_<
    Please Visit our Friends at: 3D-Palace | Pixel Academy | CG Networks | MELScripting.com | Inferno3d | Ed Harriss
    � Always read the FAQs! Lounge FAQ | Main FAQ | Demondo's Revised FAQ | 3DSMax FAQ | Houdini Apprentice FAQ
    � Need a star? Be active! Read threads, post, make polls, and participate. I garuntee it's more rewarding when you try! More info here.
    � Don't forget to help spread the word about 3dbuzz anywhere you can...EXAMPLE OF SILLY IDEAS THAT HELP
    Help support the future of 3dbuzz by becoming a MEMBER SPONSOR. Thank you to our current member sponsors!

every few months or so a thread like this is posted and there are people saying "i'll translate" and stuff like that, but it never seems to be going though ... a shame

i could make dutch subtitles but that would be pretty useless cause the dutch speaking audience is SO small, and "young" people from the netherlands or belgium understand english (we're one of the few countries that doesnt dub programs, therefor tv indoctrinates us with english from kindergarden up )

as for what was said for people not joining the comunity, i think you're wrong, cause if you post on the forums you get time to think, and you can afford to make some mistakes, as for when you're watching the VTMs the key element is that you learn the program and if you dont master the english language it can be a big setback, you dont want to take the time to translate AND to undestand the given lesson
    Don't shoot the messenger

I believe avi's allow for multiple audio files to be stored in the avi. So if someone could supply the coomentation in the language of their choice by audio, it could be added to the avi's. This would require re archiving for Buzz though, but my personal opinion is that these videos are such a valuable resource, especially for beginners of each of the software packages, that I think it would be worthwile to share to the rest of the world this great knowledge.

There are programs where you don't need to change the AVIs... Buzz wouldn't even need to do anything, basically you install the program, have it in memory when you play the video, and if there a file with a particular extension the same name than the video, it'll put it on top as subsitles, someone would just need to host the text file sized subtitles file, and of course, someone needs to make them.
    "If you put together all the work I did on "Shrek", I would say I have spent more time promoting it in the last three days than I did actually working on it... When you compare that to the amount of work that the animators and producers put into it, I’m embarrassed to get all the attention and praise for it." - JOHN LITHGOW
    Visit my webpage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12