Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question VTM Translation authorised ?

Hello,

beginner in 3d modeling, I live in France and 3d Sites are not really dedicated to beginners....So , as I am creating my own Website whom main topic is gonna be the basics on modeling with 3dsmax6 and basics on ut2004 map creation...

As soon as I learn something I try to have the tuto translated in French, as well as I am trying to write some tutos while modeling my own scenes...

Would like to know whether I can or not translate your video lessons in french and have them downloadable on my site ?

Sorry for being so much annoying whith my advice - requesting post but I've just discovered the site and try to improve my level using it ....

Thanks and kisses from FRANCE

I'd say you have Zero chance of being able to host the VTM's on your site, 3dbuzz is the only site hosting them and for very good reason if you do a search.

You can translate them but the only place they can be downloaded is from here more than likely you would have to make subtitles for the translation. Just pm buzz and ask him just to be sure. his user name is busbyj Good luck
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

Maybe you could make separate subtitle files and/or audio files for the videos, and tell people to download the videos from 3dbuzz.com and use your subtitles or audio files to dub it, if they need it.

BuZZ has said that he is more than willing to host subtitle files if people will write them. He just doesn't have time to produce them, because the VTMs are unscripted.

Talking

Come on, why do people always want things to be in their own language ? ....subtitle is a view blocker, don't you think so ?
    Having english as a second language can't be to much to ask for your/their own sake of being versatile?....don't be mad at me. lol

Surfer: That is a very ignorant (and exceptionally worthless) view you have.

tanguy3d: Seeing as it sounds like there's a chance Buzz would be willing to host the files I say go for it. You'll no doubt make a lot of people very happy
    (Retired)

Just to clarify, by subtitle files I meant those text subtitle files that get plays alongside videos. Not the videos remade with someone else talking in French. Or with little french captions. (Imagine hosting reproduced copies of all the VTMs for several languges the space needed would be unbelievable.)

Well thats a good idea, i could offer myself to translate them to spanish if i know how to make those subtitles.

Wich software to use? And as Im not a Sponsor Member, I can work on this for the free VTMs.

Let me know if its convenient to make something like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast