Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

looks really good, if you plan on modelling skeletor as in your image I dont understand why you have modelled the entire skull, that hood thing is going to cover 75% of this skull, more or less all this skull detail will be hidden and also up your poly count unnecessarily?? otherwise it looks great, what software? and how did you map you bump/disp maps? wire frame?

-Gordon

MD right now - hopefully someday, sunny FL!
    WICKED SICK!

Also, I hope you don't make him exactly as the toy (for the rest of the body). It'll be cool to see a change in style on the body, but the head's got it right!

Are you going to rig it as well or will this be a static model? Off to a great start by the way. I used to have the original castle greyskull when I was a kid.
    confused by earlier errors
    bailing out

Looks really good....

Originally posted by vetts
    Are you going to rig it as well or will this be a static model? Off to a great start by the way. I used to have the original castle greyskull when I was a kid.
    That is funny I also had Castle Gray skull
    And I found out this spring that my father had kept it

I belive snorthul said he is going too rig it

looks great, one thing i would look at though is the top bit of the mouth, seems a bit too round and comes out too far, it looks like the mouth of a monkey by the way it comes out hope you know what im getting at, ha

also how did you go about detailing the skull with all them bumps, did you model it or just add a modifier?

looking forward to seeing more

Thanks for all of the comments so far on this:

Loudboy and Morrolan: Thanks for the nice words

Quelkron: I'm using Max 6 poly modeling...VRay for rendering

Nucstle: Yeah, I was just playing with VRay Displacement. The skull is currently very smooth.

DigitalDemigod: Thanks!!

Brutis500: Thanks roomie!!

Gordon7up: Ah, I was wondering when someone was going to ask that....Well, I'm modeling the whole skull as an exercise as well as the fact that in the show, sometimes the hood comes flying off of Skeletors head.

The bump map was a Dent map using explicit mapping channels and sphericle UV mapping. I just dropped the size down quite a ways and then messed with the contrast. The color was a copy of the dent map with the color variations you see.

Displacement was a cellular map using VRay displacement, which subdivides the mesh at render time I believe.

I put a wireframe on the first page, but I will put a high poly wireframe here for ya.

Ambassador: I'm not doing the body exactly...I'm making it my own so to speak. I will do quite a few things similar, but I am going to add and take away things....One of the things I'm doing is adding rune tatoos on him...skull and body. Since he is a sorcerer, I figured power runes and such would be put on him. I'm taking Anglo Saxon runes and modifying them to Eternia-Saxon runes hehe.

vetts: I am going to rig this sucka. I had a bunch of he man stuff...my mother wouldn't buy me the females though...I dunno...too accurate?

digital_toad: Thanks!!

carl_00: Thanks for the comment. I see what you mean about the top lip area. I'm using the skeletor toy and normal reference photos from Anatomy for the Artist. The upper lip does jut out a bit...it does sweep a bit back though...maybe not that much...you can feel it yourself between your top lip and nose. I'll be adjusting it more as I add teeth...which I will be doing in a few minutes by the way.

Thanks again everyone...and keep an eye here!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skulldispwire_hp.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	33333  

Here is the low poly version. I am rendering right now with 2 levels of subdivision for the high poly model. I'm hping to make it so that I only need to use 1 level of subD's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skulldispwire_lp.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	33334  

Looking good so far. Only thing that looks "odd" to me is that the lower jaw looks too thin, at least that's what it feels to me. Makes him look kinda "old", IMHO.
    "If you put together all the work I did on "Shrek", I would say I have spent more time promoting it in the last three days than I did actually working on it... When you compare that to the amount of work that the animators and producers put into it, I’m embarrassed to get all the attention and praise for it." - JOHN LITHGOW
    Visit my webpage

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast