Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Converted

Talking Just Converted

finally got an xbox recently and just wanted a few suggestions for games.
    im currently playing riddick, which is awesome, id prefer it in 3rd person though! i know the obvious ones like halo and splinter cell etc.. but not too sure about others, kotor looks good and thief 3, anyone whos got these could shed some light here

thanks

If you can't get KotOR on the PC then DEFINITELY get it on XBox. It is a must play game. Another really excellent game is of course, Fable. It is an awesome game with tons of stuff to do even if the main story is very short.

Ninja Gaiden will blow your mind and frustrate you to no end at the same time, it is another must own.

Another is Crimson Skies... very fun if you enjoy arcadish flight simulators. Also, Jade Empire and Conker: Live and Reloaded are coming out soon. Definitely keep an eye on those two.
    I like to fall down, it gives me the rewarding feeling of standing back up again....

GET A free Mac Mini Don't forget to read everything they send you and to sign up for one of the offers in order to complete your memberships.

thanks for them, i'll definately be getting fable, one of the reasons i got the xbox

Originally posted by BentSea
    Ninja Gaiden will blow your mind and frustrate you to no end at the same time, it is another must own.
    Yep, Ninja Gaiden is one of the best games on the XBox, if you get nothing else, get that. Also, I hear Burnout 3 is good, but I have yet to try it myself.

i support burnout 3 and me personally i loved playing amped snowboarding though i realize its not that great for everyone, it was fun for me. thief 3 has pretty stupid AI but it might be fun depending on the person, again me, i found it stupid and not quite fun, i did how ever like thief II...

suggested:
    -Amped Snowboarding
    -Burnout 3
    -Full Spectrum Warrior *one of the best RTS games i have played*
    -whatever the name of the metal slug game is, metal slug is 2d fun

yeah burnout 3 is a great game. a friend of mine rented it and brought it down yesterday, the graphics are sick.

some good games noone mentioned are

prince of persia, indiana jones, and buffy (the last 2 use the same engine)
    you can buy those cheap and thier really fun.

dead or alive ultimate is a great game with online play it never gets old.
    tony hawk underground 2 (even though no online support)

and one of my personal favs, house of the dead 3 using 2 blaster guns muahahahaha. (though i have a ws high def tv the aim is off on the guns but its easy to compensate)

im wanting to buy that silent scope ultimate with the sniper rifle but im not sure how the aiming would be on my tv but if you have a regular tv it should be easy you can pick up the game a circuit city for 10 dollars.

if you have xbox live thiers a ton of games you can get (i just got xbox live this week actually)

doa u
    madden 2005
    nba 2k5
    tiger woods 2005
    nhl 2k5
    microsoft top spin which is a tennis game you can play online
    project gotham racing 2
    rallisport racing 2
    mk deception

those are my favorite online games i own
    though when need for speed underground 2 and halo 2 comes out those will most likely be my favorite online games =)

if you like 3rd person, Brute Force is a cool game.
    start begging for mercy, i might kill you painlessly.

Brute Force is ok but it gets a bit repetitve and boring.. or it did for me.

Starwars Battlefront is cool so far.. I have only had it for 2 days, but looks promissing... better looking and more interesting than Halo 2. The Live gaming is way better than Halo 2 Live

Rallysport Challenge 2 is a must have game if you facny driving games.. I love Rallysport Challenge 2, it looks beautiful, plays great, really fast! Fantastic race tracks and good Live Gaming.

I loved Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six to bits for their deeply immersive Multiplayer LIve Gaming. Games like Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six really show what your Headset is good for.
    I have not played Ghost Recond 2... I still play Rainbow Six 3 today.... it is a gracking Live Experience.

reddrik.. I'm playing it now. just got it last night and it smells good!

If you never played Halo 2... get a second hand copy of Halo 2 if you are curious about it... but do not expect too much from it... it is a kids game with many flows

Burn Out 2 looks great and plays really fast. So it does what is says on the tin and it does it good!

I'm a bit curious. It seems like all the good games for X-box are available for the Pc. If you have a decent computer why would you pay so much more to play it on an X-box when it wouldn't play as well or look as good? At least the good games for the Ps2 are exclusive to that system. I know they're are a few exceptions like fable but to me I don't see any reason to buy one.

You are assuming people have really good PCs. For me, console gaming is a must because I can't afford to upgrade my PC's graphics card, ram, processor, etc. For every new major hit title to be released. With a console you are set for 4-5 years on the same hardware. Which often costs less than a top-of-the-line graphics card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast