Special Textures (level cubemap/camuflage and teamflag)

How do you tell walls/staticmeshes to use those special textures, like level reflection(/cubemap), level camuflage, and team-flag/icon?
    ------------------------------------------
    Can somebody lend me a hitch off this planet?

I gues you have to start using materials??
    There is a VTM available that goes into materials....its really cool. U can download it from this site or if u have it...its on the UT2004 SE DVD.

(On this site its under Issue 8 number 3 of the Unreal VTMs)

Yo need to create special shader materials, for example you need 6 shots loaded into a texenvmap which is loaded into a cube map. the cube map in turn can be loaed into the specualrity map of a shader, with the walls normal texture set in the diffuse
    Crookz

for example you need 6 shots loaded into a texenvmap which is loaded into a cube map. the cube map in turn can be loaed into the specualrity map of a shader,
    Just to clarify, the 6 shots go in a cubemap that is then loaded into a texenvmap that is then placed in the specularity slot of a shader. Just a little switch in the order. Have a look at the UDN MaterialShaders page. There is a good explanation of them there. As for creating the cubemap shots, the Leveldesigner tutorial is helpful.

Æh...?
    Is it really that complicated, or did you just misunderstood me?

What i meant, was those textures that make it possible to have the custom team logo on your side of the map, on the back of your character (or on the flag).

And those camuflage and reflection textures who can be set as default for a level (in Level Preferences, you can set a 'CamuflageTexture=' and reflection texture),
    how do you use them on a wall/staticmesh? What texture name do you have to select?

(and thank you for that material video tip, i think ill check the DVD, as soon as i get it...)
    Last edited by empty_other; 09-24-2004 at 03:03 AM.

Okey...

Finally watched that movie... It wasnt on the CD, and i rarely have my own computer hooked to the net...And it didnt really tell me what i wanted (exept how to make a camera).

What i meant was that in zoneinfo you can find a camuflage option (now for both outdoor and indoor) (and it exist a "level cubemap" too), i want to know how to access that texture. (And how to access the custom teamflag texture)

What i think is that it should use the scripted texture, but where do i go from there?