Unhappy Avi Too Large to Play...

I have a converter for mpeg to avi's, I have a Music Video I would like to play around with, but I cannot get it to play in Combustion because it says the file is too large...how can I get around this, or even break it up into pieces and play them in segments, how do I do this???

you could try divx compression?

check out vcdhelp.com for more information.

you can use Tmp something, to cut the files. i forgot whats it called but its listed on vcdhelp.com
    Forever always seems
    to be around when things begin
    but forever never seems
    to be around when things end...

use adobe premier, cut in to pieces.....but you will need long time o do that, coz you have to export each single pieces that you cut... how big is your avi file is..... ? i used to cut the vcd file which is 500mb per cd and i cut it into 3 pieces and it takes 1 hour to export each pieces.... with adobe premier 6

If you can try to use single frames (maybe in TGA) instead of AVIs. Otherwise you'll lose lots of quality since when you output it you'll be recompressing an already compressed video...
    "If you put together all the work I did on "Shrek", I would say I have spent more time promoting it in the last three days than I did actually working on it... When you compare that to the amount of work that the animators and producers put into it, I’m embarrassed to get all the attention and praise for it." - JOHN LITHGOW
    Visit my webpage

yeah, you're wright locoman

combustion doesnt play divx well for me at all. after the first frame it all goes into green boxes and gets messed up.

combustion doesnt play divx well for me at all. after the first frame it all goes into green boxes and gets messed up.
    I think that's normal of most video edition programs. At least that has happened to me with Premiere and MovieXone. I guess DIVX just isn't a video editor friendly codec...
    "If you put together all the work I did on "Shrek", I would say I have spent more time promoting it in the last three days than I did actually working on it... When you compare that to the amount of work that the animators and producers put into it, I’m embarrassed to get all the attention and praise for it." - JOHN LITHGOW
    Visit my webpage

Virtualdub

Use virtualdub to cut the avi.
    It's fast, and free.

I think the link is www.virtualdub.org