Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

the attendance of 3dbuzz.com

Hi guys, I have just logged to 3dbuzz.com and I saw that the same did 1261 people!!! As I remember old days, at this time there were about 500 people... That star system crashing and new VTMs did a hell of the job to this site attendance...

yea i noticed to but i still think ALOT of them are here JUST to download and that really is not that good! plus we are getting alot of threads...that really shouldnt be there,

Well, I think right now, the importance is to get more people aware that 3bduzz is back, and what we stand for, the community. The fact that BuZZ removed the star systen implies, that he is prepared for the leechers too.

I wonder how many of those people are going to stick around......
    We are getting new members pretty fast also. The names switch like every 5 min or so.

I hope it doesnt get too out of hand and i think its really not fair for them to just come to the site and download!

Originally posted by KroAn
    I hope it doesnt get too out of hand and i think its really not fair for them to just come to the site and download!
    I dont think that all new people think that it is unfair ... Hell, when I registered to 3dbuzz.com I downloaded vtms and didnt even look at the forum side... but then the star system came... and it teached me for good only after that I understand the power of forum... now I know that if something goes wrong and I need answers, I know that there is 1000 of people that can help me, and I think there goes all the meaning of 3dbuzz, get help and help the others, and VTM's should be just begining of this stuff...

Even if only 10% of new users to Buzz stay and become active, its better than no new users.
    "Booleans are for wankers and beginners!"
    - Lurky

Jumpgate Evolution

Originally posted by KroAn
    yea i noticed to but i still think ALOT of them are here JUST to download and that really is not that good! plus we are getting alot of threads...that really shouldnt be there,
    I thought the whole(or the main) point of removing the star system & putting up new VTM's was to bring in new members.
    Sure not all of them are gonna post in the forums, but you've got to deal with a certain amount of leechers on any site with free content.
    To be honest the main reason I have never posted here much is because of the 'superior' attitudes some people have because they've ..ahem... *earned* the right to download.

I tend to read stuff here but not post much. Im just quiet on forums that are really big. I like to get to know the community before I become the forum whore I am on other sites :P

Also I am trying to learn stuff so I can contribute to the forums. I didnt have anything to post when the star system was in place, and it was frustrating to post in the wip section because I couldnt learn much in there.

Anyway, the star system failed me but helped the site while buzz was gone. Im just happy to beable to become part of the community now

-Lacarnus
    Heres my plan:
    Learn something, then show it off.

Increased participation is a good thing

I've seen quite a few complaints on the forums that the end of the star system will just bring leechers. I don't think that is true. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling the desire to participate More now the star system is gone. I believe the development of class mentality because of the system hurt the friendly nature of this site. It is not inviting to a new person to be told "work hard and pay your dues and someday, if your very good, you will get a star and be happy". It's much nicer to hear "Come join in, we want to hear from you... even if your new".

Complaints were considered to be bitterness from those wanting to leech so the choices seemed to be; go along and be silent on the issue or just go away. I hope that depressing choice never comes back. I don't know Buzz personally but from his posts and the VTMs, he seems like a very giving and fun loving person. I suspect that he wants new users to feel welcome and equal.

I'm very thankful to Buzz and all those that work so hard on this site. I'm also thankful the star system is party gone. I still see things like "At least I still have my star" and "The stars are still special". It's a shame a few yellow pixels by a name could cause such separatist attitudes. I hope this will end as well.

Honestly I was starting to worry how I was going to decline a star without making someone angry and getting banned. Now I will never be given one so that wont be an issue.

Thank you Buzz for letting me, and others, want to join in more.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast