one more for the road...

Holy crap this maya is not user friendly. I'm just trying to reverse some normals in a polymesh object. I can see the normals and the face centers, but I can't select any faces where the normals are facing away.

Can someone please save me!!! I've tried litteraly everything.

Thanks,

Devin

well

well to be technical, you havent tried everything, cause ur having problems that can be solved----
    u just have not tried the right thing---

anyhow
    select faces
    goto
    editpolys
    then normals
    and u can find the rest from there

u should check out some basic maya tutorials, the problems u are having are not really unreal related----its basic maya stuff and with some effort u can do it---also maya help file is good for this basic stuff also

Thank you, but I already know how to flip the normal. I just couldn't select the face as it wasn't allowing me to select faces where the normals were pointing away from the current camera.

But I figured out what the painting tool was (I think and it worked to select the inverted faces.

But if there's still a setting you know of that has caused me to not be able to normally select faces with normals opposit of the camera then please let me know.

You can either manipulate the camera to a position where the faces are facing the camera. Or, you could use a marquee select and then conform the normals so they will be facing the same way. I don't know if there is any way to select the faces when they aren't facing the camera.