Bones Help

How come When I'm export my Vehicle using MAYA 6 and UnrealEd Export
    The Vehicle in UnrealED The Bones are in different dirrections

Please look at the picture

Link

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/alfa2/Help01.jpg

Thanks For the Help

Did you move the bones around?

Because when you pop the bones back into uned they might default to their original positions if your using custom animations

hmmm

not sure
    can be a couple of reasons---but im guessing its ur axis
    make sure all ur axis are either lined up with unreal's axis (maya's is default y up and unrealeds is z up )
    u can bring it in as a psk, rather than use the new plugins, and that will allow u to check a maya coordinates box --

but
    if u know for sure ur axis are right, and or u want to try something else---
    its prob just a weird thing---i have rigged 3 cars now in maya and rigged a few in max--- i found that what happend to ur skeleton just happens sometimes-=----esp if u rigged and re rigged or moved the model at all,
    so
    to make sure it doesnt happen again---if u re-rig it, delete history on skeleton and mesh ( in maya)
    make sure the axis are set to 0 (no 90's etc)--u can freeeze transforms on the root skeleton bone in maya
    this should fix it
    resetting the pivots or axis----

Re: hmmm

Originally posted by prizonlizard
    not sure
    can be a couple of reasons---but im guessing its ur axis
    make sure all ur axis are either lined up with unreal's axis (maya's is default y up and unrealeds is z up )
    u can bring it in as a psk, rather than use the new plugins, and that will allow u to check a maya coordinates box --

but
    if u know for sure ur axis are right, and or u want to try something else---
    its prob just a weird thing---i have rigged 3 cars now in maya and rigged a few in max--- i found that what happend to ur skeleton just happens sometimes-=----esp if u rigged and re rigged or moved the model at all,
    so
    to make sure it doesnt happen again---if u re-rig it, delete history on skeleton and mesh ( in maya)
    make sure the axis are set to 0 (no 90's etc)--u can freeeze transforms on the root skeleton bone in maya
    this should fix it
    resetting the pivots or axis----
    Ditto, make sure your Z axis is pointing up
    Ah It's the badly drawn cardboard bad asses.

I'm having exactly the same problem. I don't really understand what I need to do to fix it though.

If anyone is interested in taking a look at my Maya model to see if it's something obvious then I can put it online.

/edit:
    I've put it online anyway, you can get it here

/edit again:
    Just a little more info, i created the 5 joints. As per the VTM. Renamed the fifth one root, dragged the other 4 onto it, renamed them and set their rotation. Then went though the skinning process and character set process.
    Once I've actually exported ot UEd I had a look at the Script Editor/Command feedback section in maya and it listed this:

Create New Package
    UnrealEd -esk "EagleIII" -rn "root" -uts 1;
    // root joint FLWheel
    // Result: Export complete //

Why would my root joint be FLWheel when there's a parent node CALLED root?

Thanks very much,
    Errol
    Last edited by Errol; 08-31-2004 at 03:17 AM.