Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My newest design.

Hey guys...

I've been messing around with Photoshop and Dreamweaver for a couple of days now... I would like to get some critique on my site :P

I've been working with Photoshop for 2 weeks now... Not very actively.
    This is the page I want you guys to critizise :P
    WackyModders Homepage WIP

And this page will be almost always updated when I get some comments.
    WackyModders Homepage

GrTz

SmeTskE

I like you layout, but iafter a few clicks the menu bar stoprd working.

Hm. That's kind of weird... I think it has something to do with the fact you're clicking on the links too fast

Hm. Any idea's what it could be?

the layout is nice.. the only thing i have to say is the image: http://home.scarlet.be/~ruben121/WM_...ages/WM_16.gif
    is a little jagged on the bottom.. im assuming you used a "Elliptical Marquee Tool"? if so, did you use anti-aliasing? it often helps alittle, but not totaly..

Other then that, good job so far!

Good Work

The title clearity is poor.....maybe you can give it a white clor gloe effect or stroke with white.

Also in logo the same will give a good effect.
    ur friend,
    Karan.

Unhappy

Hi.. i am sorry but i dont like you're site that well, i give a few tips so you can make it better in my opinion.

- try to make the welcome page (or index page) more cooler, experiment with dropdown shadows. maybe you should place the text in youre logo on top of it.

-why doesnt the word community fits in the menu? try to make youre menu longer.

- try to make youre the cirkels more rounder( i dont know if you've tried illustrator? you can make vector cirkels, that will solve the cirkel issue.)

- try to make the text(a mod's helping hand) more visible by adding by using the color white or something

- try to do something with the colors. the only colors i can see are blue, and black and some gray. Maybe add something white?

- if you make a corner(in the main page) make it also in the menu... now there are 2 different corners...

- try to do something with the background.. but not too much..

good luck!

I like the look of it and the menu is kinda funky lookn

look and feel is not so hot

The look of the site is not that great it is not polished and is kid of muddy looking... Your general layout is fine it just lacks the finish you need to make it belong in the 3D art world and any clout

I like the layout, but i think its to small. When it comes to MODs, you need space to show lots of pitures and text. Another Point are the Colors. I really like the gray. I drags the viewers focus away from the layout to the content. Keep this color. But i'd make the oval shaped title rectangular with rounded edges. And work a little on this Image. This is what everybody connects with your Page. If want people to believe that your page is hot, the look needs to be hot.

Besides that, i like your Page. Still needs some work, but you're on the right track. Keep it up!

Cool

Thanks alot guys, for all the feedback. I'm trying to work some of the advise out at the moment...

I already did these:
    - The menubar works with a javascript now. Too bad it only works with Opera or Internet Explorer
    - I have tried to make the title less jagged. It is the best I could get it now.

-why doesnt the word community fits in the menu? try to make youre menu longer.
    I'm really sorry but I don't know what you're talking about here It fits fine here

The wite strokes are a good idea I like it Altough, (I'm constantly sending upgrades to several people on MSN for their opinion) some people don't like the white stroke/glow.
    I'm redesigning the logo too. Trying to make it look cooler a bit

About the background. I had another design too, it looked alot like this one, but had a background effect. Almost everybody was complaining they couldn't read the text.

Again, thank you all for the feedback

GrTz

SmeTskE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast