Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom 3

I still look forward to HL2 more, but this will tie me over until then.
    You can never know too much.

phunx have you played it yet? how is it? cant wait till mine comes on friday!

WELL, WHAT CAN I SAY.

god damn.

it takes a little while to get into the action, walking around the facilitys and whatnot, then u get equipted with your standard armour and pistol, u then work your way into the underground a bit more, a bit deeper into a faclity, where it gets darker and shouch, then the deamons break out, and u basicaly retrace your path back to the start for a little bit, and lets say ... the guy that used the computer to open the cabnet with your weapons in it, well u work your way back to there and you can use HIS computer to open up more cabnets full of weapons etc. when u move your crosshair over a screen you can basicly use the computer with the mouse, its pretty damn sweet, the graphics are kick ass, and i almost had a few heart attcks with those damn deamons start jumping out at you, the one thing i dont like about the game is that the flash light is used like a weapon in the game, as a weapon slot, so if u have a gun out, u have no flashlight, which in this sort of game is VERY usefull, since most of the time you are shooting into completle darkness hopeing you are hitting the zombies etc. It plays very well for what it looks like. im pretty suprised at how well it ran for me.

The games VERY DARK (not much lighting) which is a cool effect and is all, but you can get a bit disorentated at times.

THe way the deamon things attck you is insane, im pretty surpised i suvived all that since the first level of game is pretty intense.

Also i see they have tryed a nice port over from Half-Life with the recharge stations on the wall, all u have to do is click and it will transfer 10 health across to you, the PDA you have is kinda cool to, a bit a puzzle game to, when u come across lockers with key combonations so you use your PDA which u download infomation to and look for the codes given to you in the messages.

Theres an arcade machine on the first level which is quite fun, u goto punch a chicken ...
    My PC Case WIP

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz/OC@3.6Ghz RAM: 4x512Mb Dual Channel TwinMOS DDR400 PC3200 MOB: ASUS PC4800-E Deluxe GFX: Leadtek GeForce FX 5900 128Mb
    ROM: 8x48x48x24 Combo DVD/CD-R Drive HDD: 1x Seagate 40gb, 6x Seagate 120gb MON: 21" IBM Flat Triniton Tube CASE: Lian-Li PC-71 Black Full Server Case

I come from Italy and unfortunately I must wait untill august 20...

pretty damn good......i played it

Re: Re: Re: Doom 3

Originally posted by Phunx
    ...Sorry but no, if u havnt heard already its a worldwide realease, meaning it will be realeased, EVERYWHERE on the 3rd....
    hi
    just thought i'd post to make people [primarily outside of the states...] aware that DOOM3 is not available in all countries at the same time. the us was first off the bat with europe and other territories following a little later...for most people though, you should be able to get hold of your copy within a week or two
    regards
    monsieurblack
    Moderator | Law Enforcer | SuperHero | Spam Filter

Ian Blackford
    Creative Designer | Head of Design
    Pointer™ Design

The realease date is the 3rd, which is the date its SUPPOSED to be realeased, im not talking about those who leaked it, i got it this morning (the 3rd) and im all the way in new zealand, It gets realeased in new zealand on the 5th, since i prebooked it i get it a few days earlyer on the 3rd, and since our days come before americas shouldnt that mean it got realeased here first? not counting all those places that sold it too early.

anyways who cares when it got realeased, its just a game and we should all go play it.
    My PC Case WIP

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz/OC@3.6Ghz RAM: 4x512Mb Dual Channel TwinMOS DDR400 PC3200 MOB: ASUS PC4800-E Deluxe GFX: Leadtek GeForce FX 5900 128Mb
    ROM: 8x48x48x24 Combo DVD/CD-R Drive HDD: 1x Seagate 40gb, 6x Seagate 120gb MON: 21" IBM Flat Triniton Tube CASE: Lian-Li PC-71 Black Full Server Case

Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3 rocks! It's the best subgame ever!

...anyways who cares when it got realeased, its just a game and we should all go play it.
    agreed, i was only posting to inform those members who where hoping to go to their local store to pick it up in person and may have left dissapointed. i appreciate that stores/internet shops etc will have to have recieved stock prior to release date so they are physically able to supply it to their customers [some of whome may well be lucky enough to recieve theirs 'early']. i'm only going by information that was supplied to me by activision, so i apologise if i am incorrect here.

The realease date is the 3rd, which is the date its SUPPOSED to be realeased, im not talking about those who leaked it...
    neither was i. as stated above, my post was merely a friendly 'warning' to all those who may have attempted to buy in person and found that they would have to wait a few days longer, as by the the 3rd is not the date that everyone would be able to get hold of it

regards
    monsieurblack
    Last edited by monsieurblack; 08-03-2004 at 04:07 AM.
    Moderator | Law Enforcer | SuperHero | Spam Filter

Ian Blackford
    Creative Designer | Head of Design
    Pointer™ Design

Talking

Heck yea, I pre ordered my copy from Amazon as well. I work at a Game Arena in FL, and we are ordering the new ATI's so we can be equipped for the game. It looks great. Hope it plays well. HAs anyone heard of any multiplayer aspect of the game?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast