Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Glad to hear everything is OK We will be expecting to see some 3D soon >P
    Soon.

http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...threadid=91628
    Sorry about the bad link. Aparently 3dbuzz had a thread fart and it went funny but the link above should work.
    The guy has posted 2 video tuts on advanced shaders and one is for doing cell shaded stuff. It is not as advanced as Ink&Paint but it will render a lot faster and I remember you saying you were getting really long render times so I thought it may be usefull.
    BTW, great news that your dad is going to be ok.

yeah that might be useful, I usually use finaltoon, but it still might be something to look into.

Talking Heres some 3D...after 3 pages

Thanks,

Hehe,just want to let you guys know that I'm *WORKING*
    Here is the progress of my "sword drawing pose" anim(it has got hardly 10 keyframes...for now)! I have spent ~10 mins on it sofar,no video refs to help me...its just the "main keyframes" sofar...I'll refine the area where the sword comesout(right now,it just appears out of nowhere ),I'll alos add a deflector on the ground for the hakama(pants)....I'd glad to hear some comments/suggestions

I've rendered the anim with the default material....This is how the model looks like when rendered in toonshade..

The attachment is just 108kb and requires the DivX 5.2 codec..

indecisive:Yes,I'm using Chankast...better not talk more about it "here"...might get us banned

LA_John:Thanks,the new link is working...I'll checkout those tuts soon..

Visit the :::SAMURAI X WIP PAGE::: to view the progress,for more pics(at full res) view the 1st post

Negative Effect
    Anime Style BG Blur

Waiting for some comments+suggestions
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sriram; 11-23-2004 at 04:09 AM.

Hey that looks very cool to see the non shaded version of the model.

I think the animation looks very nice. My one comment is that (and I think I made this before on the 'fast draw' video) the sword appears to snap out of the scabbard as opposed to being drawn out the entire lenght of the scabbard.

Nice work.

Welcome back!
    Happy to be in the Maya Fundementals Class. Worth the wait, the effort, and more than worth the money. I've done a lot of VTMs; here and outside of 3dBuzz. I can say without a doubt that these VTMs are the best that I've seen. Great Job Guys, and Thank You!

Click here to check out DomeGI. Global Illumination for Maya made easy

A MOD Team I am on.

Originally posted by ArtisticVisions
    I don't know, but something about those sites I don't quite trust (with the exception of Best Buy, which I know to trust); I get the feeling they may be bootlegs. If you're looking for the offical US releases, try looking at these sites:
    (the box sets are called Premium Collections)

AnimeNation (search under Rurouni Kenshin, not Samurai X)
    The Right Stuf
    Planet Anime
    Suncoast
    sorry to disappoint you but animearigato is legit. Its all HK imports so most everything is in japanese audio, but they do sell domestic too. I just bought gantz stage 1 from it, its all gravy. btw, AWESOME kenshin ^^
    Please Visit our Friends at: 3D-Palace | Pixel Academy | CG Networks | MELScripting.com | Inferno3d | Ed Harriss
    � Always read the FAQs! Lounge FAQ | Main FAQ | Demondo's Revised FAQ | 3DSMax FAQ | Houdini Apprentice FAQ
    � Need a star? Be active! Read threads, post, make polls, and participate. I garuntee it's more rewarding when you try! More info here.
    � Don't forget to help spread the word about 3dbuzz anywhere you can...EXAMPLE OF SILLY IDEAS THAT HELP
    Help support the future of 3dbuzz by becoming a MEMBER SPONSOR. Thank you to our current member sponsors!

Good start on the sword drawing animation
    Soon.

Talking

Thanks for the comments guys!!!

GD:I'll refine the sword drawing part I like how Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur draws his sword...I'll try my best to do something like that...I just need to concentrate and "spend MORE time" on the anim(BTW,this is my 3rd animation since I've learnt 3D...so my anims look n00bish...wish I had MoCap )

I'll post an update soon..

THE SWORD DRAWING POSE

Visit the :::SAMURAI X WIP PAGE::: to view the progress,for more pics(at full res) view the 1st post

Negative Effect
    Anime Style BG Blur

Can u post your refrence pics for Hiko or Kenshin

Battosai,most of the refs I've used are from http://www.jag.cx/Kenshin/
    It has 40799 pics(screencaptures from the various episodes)..

For hi-res refs,I've used the Google Image Search

BTW,what do you think of my "Battosai"

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast