Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Not to knock NVidia's demo, 'cause it truly was spectacular (polarized lenses are always the way to go if you can afford to), but there ARE cheaper ways to achieve stereoscopic gaming. Here's one, for example. No glasses required, but you do need to be sitting in exactly the right spot for it to work. Likewise, check out VRJoy, or any of the LCD Glasses based solutions ("Flickervision", as I affectionately call them) for something in the "few hundred dollar" range (if it hasn't gotten cheaper since last time I checked).

-----

ANYWAY... Yeah. Was great seeing everyone. I didn't catch most of your names, unfortunately. Managed to infer from conversation who some of you were, but there are still five or six even sitting right near me that remain a mystery.

(I should have asked. Pride and stupidity, y'know?)

-----

Important Note:
    "Ready For Publication" in this case means "fully proofread and edited down to an acceptable size" -- the book is many pages longer than they can fit in this pricerange, so the struggle now is to tighten up formatting rather than lose content. A week from now, that much should be settled. That's not to say it will be PUBLISHED in a week -- printing and solicitations and distribution and such take a long time, and there are schedules the book has to fit into.

So, yeah. Sorry to disappoint on that one, but I don't think you can even pre-order the book from Amazon yet.

I just don't want to feed Demondo any false information since so many of us (myself included) assume that every word out of his mouth is 100% accurate!

(it's a lofty image to live up to, but he usually does...)
    Aaron Levitz
    LiveJournal / MySpace

Disclaimer:
    These views are my own, not to be considered official for the site, or representative of anyone else's thoughts on the matter. If I have offended you, I was either trying to make you think, or to make you laugh. Please take my comments in the spirit they were intended, and let me apologize in advance for any misunderstanding.

Oh, I know that. Turn aroud time will probably be close to two months. But one week until BuZZ is done is still good news.

Does anyone know if Buzz is putting any of the work he is doing at the siggraph here?

Hmm, it is live conferences. I do not believe they are being filmed. Should he have been doing a vacation CD they would have been on there, probably. Or clips anyway. But they aren't, so...

There was no video camera set up to film the class. Sides, real video (rather than capturing off a computer) would be a huge download.

It was great to finally get the scoop on the what happens when the system reversion clock runs out... Sorry we can't share

The class was very cool. It was a repeat of a lot of stuff from the Special Edition VTMs so don't feel too bad (though they did expand on some of the things like a nice tip for wege faces in Maya that wasn't in the VTM). It was very nice to be able to ask the Buzz guys questions about nagging things. I got an answer from Zack on a maya question that was just killing me.

Buzz looked kinda like I expected, but Zack and Joel did not...

If you ever get the chance to attend one of these things, grab it. Even if you are a stud at Unreal ED. It was great to meet the Buzz guys, and it was very nice to meet people in the local area who are into modding.

I enjoyed talking with LA_John and APLevitz, I have to say that SiGRAMS is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He gave me a bag of Doritos, and held the door for complete strangers, and kept offering to help me carry my laptop case. Really nice guy.

Oh and the preview of the Unreal 3 Engine was mind blowing!

G.D.
    Happy to be in the Maya Fundementals Class. Worth the wait, the effort, and more than worth the money. I've done a lot of VTMs; here and outside of 3dBuzz. I can say without a doubt that these VTMs are the best that I've seen. Great Job Guys, and Thank You!

Click here to check out DomeGI. Global Illumination for Maya made easy

A MOD Team I am on.

I finally saw the UE3 tech demo (they ran it twice a day at the NVidia booth), and it really is quite impressive.

I'm not convinced the technology is a full generation beyond anything Doom 3 or Half-Life 2 have to offer, but it's definitely right up there with them, ever-so-slightly ahead.

(The artists who worked on this demo, on the other hand, are absolutely mind-blowing. Mad props on some killer work..)
    Aaron Levitz
    LiveJournal / MySpace

Disclaimer:
    These views are my own, not to be considered official for the site, or representative of anyone else's thoughts on the matter. If I have offended you, I was either trying to make you think, or to make you laugh. Please take my comments in the spirit they were intended, and let me apologize in advance for any misunderstanding.

Sorry, for the late reply. It's been the typical crazy Siggraph. I am currently recovering from a hang over from a rap party last night.

Siggraph, is going to be in LA again next year and I highly recommend it to all who could not do this year. It was great to see all the great animations in the Electronic theater by the likes of Pixar and Digital Domain as well as Chris Landrith (a very cool and nice guy) and others. I got introduced to the, Jim Blinn I won a copy of Max6. I got a copy of the Mona Lisa painting printed on my thumbnail, by an inkjet printer.

Best of all I got to meat all the outstanding folks from the Unreal boards here. The amazing Buzz crew taught me a ton and were very informative and approachable. I tried not to gush to much. I want to meet Zack’s hairdresser j/k.

Some of the other folks in the audience included long time modders, U.S.C. professors and interns. I got the pleasure of meeting a Max tech support lady. Who was nice enough to make the walk slowly with my hobbling self, back to the convention center.

Now that the adrenalin is wearing off I will try and reflect a little. I think it was truly the people who I got to meet and talk with that made Siggraph the best week of my year.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345