Online 3-D Schools - The Best? (XSI)

I want to learn XSI well so I plan on buying some books, DVDs, etc. I also would like to take some online courses. The two listed on SoftImage's official site are http://www.coyote3d.com/ and http://www.mesmer.com/ Does anyone have any experiences with these? Which is better? Are there any that I don't know about that are better then those two? Do you get actual college credits for these classes? Any help would be appreciated. The actually brick & mortar schools are too far away from me and I don't plan on moving anytime soon and I want to get my 3-D ball rolling. For now I'll be buying the Fundamentals of XSI, the tutorial book, and the set of 5 enterprise DVDs. Thanks in advance for the help.

GREAT XSI vids at http://www.edhariss.com not sure if i spelt it right but someones prolly going to correct me upon sight of any error..
    Intel Core i3 2120 running @ 3.30 Ghz && 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 1333Mhz && XFX Radeon HD 6850 @ 1920x1080 && 600w PSU && 2TB In-Case Storage (Boot drive: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD) && ASUS P8H77-V LE Mobo && ThermalTake Tsunami Dream Case && Black Widow Mechanical Keyboad && Thermaltake Black Gaming Mouse

hi there ShadowXOR
    b1nary: yup, you did indeed spell it incorrectly ed's site address is http://www.edharriss.com/ [an incredible resource!]
    anyway, just to add to that, be sure to check out Joe Saltzman's site too 3dtutorial.com great video's at a superb price!
    regards
    monsieurblack
    Moderator | Law Enforcer | SuperHero | Spam Filter

Ian Blackford
    Creative Designer | Head of Design
    Pointer™ Design

mesmer has been around for quite some time and they keep getting better and offering more and more. That can ussually only mean good things.
    Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up.

ooops!
    just noticed where this thread was...

*thread moved*

please try to post in the relevant forum next time, thanks.
    regards
    monsieurblack
    Moderator | Law Enforcer | SuperHero | Spam Filter

Ian Blackford
    Creative Designer | Head of Design
    Pointer™ Design

Sorry about the wrong area. Thanks for the fix.

Anyways, I already know about Ed Harriss and 3DTutorials.com (thanks though). So does anyone know how good Mesmer and Coyote3D are compared to those other resources? Mesmer is quite expensive so I'm only doing it if it's really good. And do I get college credits for this? Or is it just an on-line "class".

Hi, Ive just started learning XSI and have purchased the Mesmer books XSI Foundation and XSI Character,and I am very happy with them.The Character book is on special offer at the mo for just $16.99 and the Foundation book is just about to be updated so it might be worth a quick email to see when its out.If their courses are like their books you'll be fine,but why dont you check the books first anyways before you take the plunge cos youve got a good 40 hours of tuts in them anyways...

Credits mostly, and the fact that the courses covered everything from beginning to end, modelling, texturing, rendering, etc., etc. But thanks, I'll check that out.