water flow over an object

Hey guys... i'm pretty new to dynamics so bare with me...

How would I create water/rain effect falling from above onto a sphere and splashing off of it and rolling down the sides of it?

With particles for the water and make the sphere a rigid body or something? i really have no idea ...

You could maybe try to do it with a curve flow too and maybe key particle densities, that sorta thing. I've never tried it but it seems like it should work.
    Technical Artist - 106th ODST Division, Fireteam Tango Alpha Echo

for rain you could use streak or multistreak and render in hardware renderer. then you would have to make rain(particles) and sphere collide with each other and as they collide that particles would have to emit new particles(Particle Collision Events)
    to adjust how slippery it is, I think resiliance is for this.

If you want rain drops from a distance, streak or multistreak particles would be the way to go. But if you want something organic that will be close to camera you want to use blobby surface particles and goals for the liquid to run over the surface. This is also how you would create sweat running down a characters face or condensation running down the side of a cold drink.

Resiliance factor in collisions adjusts how "bouncy" your collision will be. Where Friction will adjust how much something slides along the collision surface.
    Dez
    Pipeline Technical Director
    Legend 3D | VFX

sweet! thanks
    i'll try it out