Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Export your models into UnrealED

hi,
    is use maya ple version5.
    On the DVD that comes whit Unreal2004 we can see how they export there moddel into Unreal2004 whit a menubutton on the menubarr (UnrealEdExport)
    how do i get that function up there ?

Found it bye now (^^) , thx anyway
    Start Maya Personal Learning Edition.
    Choose Window > Settings/Preferences > Plug-in Manager.

Find unEditor.mll and check the Loaded checkbox. If you want the Unreal Editor to load every time you start Maya, check the Auto Load checkbox.
    In the Command line, enter the following and hit return on the number pad. "source UT2004Export.mel"

In the Command line, enter the following and hit return on the number pad. "UT2004Export"

This will build a shelf in Maya that will contain four icons which represent Static Mesh export, Skeletal Mesh export, Connecting to Unreal Editor and Releasing the Unreal Editor connection.

Last edited by Telindus; 07-04-2004 at 01:47 PM.

need more hlep with this

This is my problem too. But there is no unEditor.mll listed when I go to the Plug-in Manager. I did get the dvd edition with the tutorials, but not the special edition. So I had to download Maya from their site. How do I get the UnrealEdExport Plug in if not on the dvd? I tried that power search plugins thing hear and looked for both unEditor.mll and UnrealEdExport and found 0 matches. So is it not hear or did I just do it wrong? Thanks for your time.

Re: need more hlep with this

Originally posted by Wolfknightly
    This is my problem too. But there is no unEditor.mll listed when I go to the Plug-in Manager. I did get the dvd edition with the tutorials, but not the special edition. So I had to download Maya from their site. How do I get the UnrealEdExport Plug in if not on the dvd? I tried that power search plugins thing hear and looked for both unEditor.mll and UnrealEdExport and found 0 matches. So is it not hear or did I just do it wrong? Thanks for your time.
    So you got the 2 disc DVD edition (the game on one DVD, the Buzz tutorials on the other)?. If you did, Maya PLE and the exporter should be on the same DVD that has the game. Just try exploring the DVD and it should be there in one of the folders

If you are using Maya PLE and do not see the mll file listed in the Plug-In Manager dialogue you have to copy all of the mll files from the DVD to the correct folder. If you installed with the default options it will have created a "maya" folder in your "My Documents" folder on your system. Open that folder and you will see a "5.0PLE" folder. Inside there should be ones called plug-ins, prefs, presets, and scripts. Place all of the mll or dll files from the DVD into the plug-ins folder and any mel script files into the scripts folder. Now when you launch Maya you will see the needed files in the Plug-in Manager to select the Load/Auto Load options.
    Dez
    Pipeline Technical Director
    Legend 3D | VFX

Yes I got the two-disc DVD edition. Critical7, what to do you mean when you say explore the DVD? If I put it in I can either play, install, got to the website, or uninstall. Maybe you mean my UT2004 folder? IF so where in it, because I can’t find it or upaint?

DezFX, I am using the PLE. I have seen some dll files in the UT2004, System folder but no mll or mel files. Is there an easy way to find them? By the way, I don’t even know what they are. Also there was no plug-in folder in the PLE folder. By the way I have the 6.0PLE not 5.0.

Open up "My Computer". You should be able to right click on the Unreal DVD and go to "Explore". You can see the contents of the DVD, and in one of the folders there should be PLE and the Exporter.

On the "Play Disc" of UT2K4 (DVD 1) you should see a folder system labeled CD1-CD6. In CD6 you will see a folder called "Extras". Open that and you will see "MayaPLE". Inside there you should have 2 files. One is the installation of Maya PLE and the other is the installation for the UT2004 Plugin. You should install that version of PLE because when Alias compiled the code for Maya 6 they changed the API source so that file will not work with Maya 6 PLE. The file names are:

MayaPersonalLearningEditionEN_US.exe
    UT2004Plug-inForMaya5.0PersonalLearningEdition.exe

After you install this it should extract itself and you will then be able to see the *.mll files in the Plug-in Manager.
    Dez
    Legend 3D | VFX

Thank you both so very much. I found it all fine. But I have a question. I am installing Upaint now and it says, “CD Extras Not found. Setup was not able to locate the extras contained on the Product CD. This may be because these were on a local drive or network volume that the installer could not find. To install these components please browse to the directory and select it.” But what is IT? “Select Extras Location Folder” Then in the (Browse box? Is that what it is called?) it has E:\extras\skinart. But that is not what it wants because clicking next does nothing. I do not understand what it wants me to do or what I need to find. I am just going to have to skip for now but I would like to know what I am skipping.

To be honest I have no idea. I'm not into Unreal Editing and have never installed anything from the UT2K4SE package I bought. I only have it for the VTMs and to support Buzz and the community. While I highly recommend you taking full advantage of the Maya forums and community here, you may want to check the Unreal forums located in the Game section for your answers to specific UnrealEd questions. You can also check out www.masteringunreal.com for help as well. It is run by the same people who run 3DBuzz with a special emphasis on the game engine. If you have any Maya questions unrelated to technical "how do I convert stuff to Unreal" this is probably going to be one of the best places to get that kind of help.
    Dez
    Legend 3D | VFX

You need the patch for unreal, when if have internet at home ill send it to you.

Grtz, Sayhan

<Sacred Jewel Games>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast